HOW TO COMPLETE JOB APPLICATION FORMS
INCLUDES SAMPLE QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
If you want to know how to complete application forms successfully then my comprehensive guide will teach you how. Over the last few years I have coached literally hundred’s of people to successfully pass their job application form. If you following my tried and tested method then you will never have to worry about failing an application form again!
In the following video Richard McMunn explains how this book will help you to submit a strong application and more importantly pass the application form stage of any recruitment process:
THE APPLICATION FORM PROCESS
Let me start off by saying that the completion of any job/career application form should be easy. However, many of us make our lives difficult and as a result, we fail to get invited to the next stage of the selection process.
Application forms are usually thee initial stage of a selection process. Far too many people take too little time and put in too little effort when completing their application form. The first important thing to note is that an employer will generally receive many applications for an advertised post; therefore, it is crucial that you put in plenty of time when completing the form.
USE THE GUIDANCE NOTES
Before you complete the application form you need to have a copy of the guidance notes with you. Grab a highlighter pen and read through the key points of the guidance notes. You will notice that the notes will provide you with important instructions on what you must do in order for your application form to be accepted. For example, they may provide details on the requirement to answer all of the questions on the form; if any are left out then the form will not get accepted.
The guidance notes may also provide details of any required ‘word count’ when responding to competency based questions. If this is the case then it is essential that you do not go over the word count. Thee guidance notes may also provide details of any essential and desirable criteria required. Essential criteria must be met, whilst desirables are not a necessity but will provide you with added marks and may be determining factor in a selection process, especially when the marks are close between a number of applicants.
Once you have studied the guidance notes you will then have the confidence that your form will not be rejected by simple mistakes. Although many application forms now have to be completed online, I have known many application forms to be rejected simply because they did not complete the form in the correct colour ink.
KEY POINTS TO REMEMBER WHEN COMPLETING YOUR FORM
- The initial stages of an application form will usually involve a requirement to complete your personal details. It is essential that you are honest when completing these elements of the form as any discrepancies noticed by the employer further down the line could render your employment contract void.
- Many forms will ask you to provide details of why you want the job and also what you have to offer. If this is the case then I would recommend trying to match the key requirements of the person specification and the job description. You should try and extract keywords and phrases from the person specification and job description and duplicate these in your answers to the application form questions.
- When you have finally completed your form get an impartial 3rd party to read it back to you. They should also check for errors, spelling and grammar. You would be surprised at how many people lose easy marks through poor spelling. Make sure the person who reads over your application form is someone who will give honest and constructive feedback.
- Don’t wait for the deadline before submitting your form. Although you should not rush your application form you should try and get it submitted as soon as possible after the initial invitation for applications has opened. Many employers will have a cut-off point when they reach a certain number for received application forms.
- Finally, if you are required to submit your application form by post, be sure to send it recorded delivery so that you have proof of delivery. Many application forms go missing in the post every year. By submitting your form by a recorded service you will be confident that it has actually arrived.
USE OUR 3 STEP STRATEGY FOR SUCCESS
To begin with, get a copy of the job application form and also the person specification for the role you are applying for. Sometimes this will come in the form of a job description. Once you have all of these important documents, grab yourself a highlighter pen.
Your job is to now work your way through the person specification and job description and highlight the key requirements for the role. Sometimes these will be called the ESSENTIAL and DESIRABLE criterion. Examples of these might be:
- An ability to carry out tasks in an organised manner;
- A good telephone manner and strong customer service skills;
- An ability to deal effectively with customer complaints.
Once you have highlighted all of the key requirements of the role it is your job to provide EVIDENCE on the application form of where you meet them. For example, if one of the key requirements is ‘an ability to deal effectively with customer complaints’, then you should provide a SPECIFIC example of where you have already done this in a previous role.
If you follow the above tips and provide EVIDENCE of where you meet each and everyone of the key requirements for the role, you will increase your chances of passing the job application form greatly.
THE ‘HOW TO PASS JOB APPLICATION FORMS’ COMPLETE GUIDE
HERE’S WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU GRAB YOURSELF A COPY OF THE POWERFUL BOOK TODAY:
- Insider tips from an expert who has assessed hundreds of application forms.
- Crucial advice and tips on how to pass application forms.
- The reasons why 75% of forms get rejected: never fail an application form again.
- How you will be assessed and the vital importance of the person specification.
- Sample responses and explanations to 17 of the more common types of question.
MAIN PRODUCT FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Contains actual application form questions that you WILL get asked;
- Provides sample responses that you can use on your application form;
- Teaches you how you will be assessed at application form stage;
- Sample questions and answers for different types of forms;
- Written recruitment experts;
- Guaranteed to give you the EDGE over the competition.
ORDER NOW ONLY £4.97 (plus p+p)
ORDER WITH CONFIDENCE
YOUR ORDER COMES WITH A 10-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE.
IF YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WE WILL REFUND YOUR PAYMENT IN FULL WITHIN 10 DAYS OF PURCHASE.
100% SECURE PAYMENT PROCESSING
YOUR BOOK WILL BE DISPATCHED WITHIN 24 HOURS
HOW TO PASS APPLICATION FORMS
• For all enquiries/comments please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How2become is an HSBC Start-Up Stars National Finalist.
How2become | 50 Churchill Square Business Centre | Kings Hill | Kent | ME19 4YU