ARMED FORCES TESTS FOR THE ARMY, RAF AND ROYAL NAVY
This 250 page book provides Armed Forces tests for the Royal Air Force, the Royal Navy, the British Army and the Royal Marines.
INCLUDES SAMPLE TESTS FOR RAF APTITUDE TESTS, ROYAL NAVY RECRUITING TESTS, THE ROYAL MARINES AND THE ARMY BARB TEST.
In the following video Richard McMunn explains the benefits of the book and how it will help you to prepare for and more importantly pass any of the armed forces tests:
ABOUT THE ARMED FORCES TESTS
Armed Forces tests are designed to assess potential employees ‘suitability’ for speciﬁc posts. In the majority of cases, the higher scores you achieve, the more job opportunities you will have at your disposal. This is particularly true of the British Army Recruit Battery Test (BARB). Whilst the minimum pass mark for entry in the Army is 26, a candidate will need to score far higher if he or she wishes to join a regiment such as the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers.
- The key to success in any of the Armed Forces tests is to try your hardest to get 100% correct answers in the test that you are undertaking.
- If you aim for 100% in your preparation, then you are far more likely to achieve the trade or career that you want. Within the Armed Forces tests book we will supply you with lots of sample questions to assist you.
- It is crucial that when you get a question wrong, you take the time to ﬁnd out why you got it wrong. Understanding the question is very important.
- Even if you are applying for the RAF, you should still try the questions in our guide that are designed for the Royal Navy and the Army, and vice versa.
- You will ﬁnd that the more practice you undertake in the build up to the real test, the better you will perform on the day.
Psychometric tests have been in use in the Armed Forces for many years. They are simply used as a tool to assess a candidates ‘ability’ to perform speciﬁc tasks that are similar to the ones they will have to undertake in a real life scenario. If we break down the word ‘psychometric’ we can see that ‘psycho’ means mind and ‘metric’ means to measure.
The selection tests vary depending on whether you are applying to join the Army, the Royal Air Force or the Royal Navy. Unsurprisingly, the tests for the Royal Air Force are the toughest, simply because many of the roles within the Force are of a highly technical nature.
ARMY – THE BRITISH ARMY RECRUIT BATTERY TEST (BARB)
The BARB test is a computer-based, psychometric assessment that was developed by the Defence Evaluation and Research Agency (DERA) and Plymouth University. It is a series of timed questions that assess a candidate’s ability to absorb information quickly and logically. The computer automatically calculates the candidate’s score, based on the number of correct answers and the time taken. The ﬁnal score is referred to as the GTI (General Trainability Index). The BARB test has been in use since July 1992.
The pass mark for the BARB test is currently 26 although you will need to conﬁrm this with your local Armed Forces Careers Ofﬁce.
RAF AIRMAN/AIRWOMAN SELECTION TEST
The Airman/Airwoman Selection Test (AST) consists of a number of different aptitude tests which are designed to assess which careers in the RAF you are most suited to. There are many different career opportunities available and each one requires a different level of skill.
The AST consists of seven timed multiple choice aptitude tests as follows:
> A verbal reasoning test which assesses how well you can interpret written information. During this test you will have 15 minutes to answer 20 questions.
> A numerical reasoning test which determines how accurately you can interpret numerical information such as charts, graphs and tables. The test will also assess your ability to use fractions, decimals and different formula. There are two parts to this test. During the ﬁrst test you will have just 4 minutes to answer 12 questions that are based on fractions, decimals and formula. During the second test you will have 11 minutes to answer 15 questions that relate to different graphs and tables.
> A work rate test which is used to assess how quickly and accurately you can carry out routine tasks. During this test you will have 4 minutes to answer 20 questions.
> A spatial reasoning test designed to examine your ability to work with different shapes and objects. During this test you will have just 4 minutes to answer 10 questions.
> A mechanical comprehension test which is used to assess how effectively you can work with different mechanical concepts. During this particular test you will have 10 minutes in which to answer 20 questions.
> An electrical comprehension test which will assess your ability to work
with different electrical concepts. During this test you will have 11 minutes
to complete 21 questions.
> A memory test which determines how accurately you can remember and
recall information. There are two parts to this test and you will have a total
of 10 minutes in which to answer 20 questions.
THE ROYAL NAVY RECRUITING TEST
The main purpose of the Royal Navy Recruiting Test is to establish how effective you are at ﬁguring out problems, how good you are at English and Mathematics, and if you can understand basic mechanical concepts.
Just like the BARB tests, they show the Royal Navy what type of jobs you will most suited to. The Royal Navy Recruiting Test covers the following four areas:
- A reasoning test (30 questions to be completed in 9 minutes)
- A verbal ability test (30 questions to be completed in 9 minutes)
- A numeracy test (30 questions to be completed in 16 minutes)
- A mechanical reasoning test (30 questions to be completed in 10 minutes)
The tests are usually carried out at the Armed Forces Careers Ofﬁce and will be under strict timed conditions. Details of the time restrictions and number of questions per exercise will be provided in your recruitment literature. The pass mark for the RN Recruiting Test will very much depend on the technical ability level required for the post you are applying for; although a pass mark of 50% is normally sufﬁcient for the majority of branches.
This brand new ARMED FORCES TESTS book has been written by a former serving member of the Armed Forces who has over 20 years experience!
MAIN PRODUCT FEATURES
- The most up-to-date and comprehensive guide available – ANYWHERE!
- Includes hundreds of different sample Armed Forces test questions.
- Contains a massive array of different testing questions that can be interlinked for each career.
- Contains the MOST practice tests for the Armed Forces selection process. You won’t find a better alternative!
HERE’S WHAT IS INCLUDED WITHIN THIS 250-PAGE BOOK
ABOUT THE AUTHOR - Richard McMunn is the UK’s leading authority on career development and progression. He has spent over 20 years in the Armed Forces and the UK Fire Service. His information is both informative and inspiring.
TOP TIPS AND GUIDANCE ON HOW TO PASS THE TESTS
• Essential Tips on how to pass the Armed Forces tests.
• 250 pages dedicated to the 3 different testing areas.
• A selection of up-to-date and brand new questions.
• Plenty of sample questions to help you prepare fully.
• The different types of test that you will encounter for the RAF, Army and Royal Navy.
• How to avoid the common problems, mistakes and pitfalls.
LOTS OF DIFFERENT ARMED FORCES TESTING SECTIONS!
• The Army BARB test - Reasoning/Letter Checking/Number Distance/’Odd One Out’/Symbol Rotation.
• The Royal Navy Recruiting Test - Reasoning/English Language/Numeracy/Mechanical Comprehension.
• The RAF Airman Test – Verbal Reasoning/Numerical Reasoning/Work Rate/Spatial Reasoning/Electrical Comprehension/Mechanical Comprehension/Memory.
• The Royal Marines Test- Reasoning/English Language/Numeracy/Mechanical Comprehension.
• Answers to the timed tests to help you improve your scores.
• Explanations of the Armed Forces timed tests and explanations to all questions.
• Insider advice on how to score higher on any of the tests.
• Hints and tips for improving performance.
• How to increase your chances of success.
• Easy to follow and practice.
• Written by a former member of the Armed Forces.
Receive 30 days free access to online psychometric tests when you order your book:
Receive 30-days FREE ACCESS to our awesome online psychometric testing suite that will give you sample tests very similar to the Armed Forces tests! After the 30 days free trial is over the service is automatically charged at just £4.95 plus vat per month with no minimum term. See our terms and conditions for more details.
PLUS MANY MORE PAGES OF ESSENTIAL INFORMATION…
BUY NOW FOR ONLY £12.97(plus p+p)
ORDER WITH CONFIDENCE
100% SECURE PAYMENT PROCESSING
ALL MAJOR CARDS ACCEPTED
YOUR ORDER WILL BE DISPATCHED WITHIN 24 HOURS
OPTION 1: 250-PAGE ARMED FORCES TESTING MANUAL
Delivered direct to your door
BUY NOW FOR ONLY £12.97 plus p+p
OPTION 2: 250-PAGE ARMED FORCES TESTS
IMMEDIATE DOWNLOAD – Get your guide within seconds.
DOWNLOAD NOW FOR ONLY £10.97 + VAT
OPTION 3: THE ARMED FORCES PLATINUM PACKAGE
Delivered direct to your door
BUY NOW FOR ONLY £39 plus p+p
• For all enquiries/comments please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How2become is an HSBC Start-Up Stars National Finalist.
How2become | Suite 2 | 50 Churchill Square | Kings Hill | Kent | ME19 4YU