THE CHESTER STEP TEST CD
What is The Chester Step Test?
The Chester Step Test is an effective way to assess a person’s fitness levels by determining the rate of recovery following intense exercise. The test itself is called a sub-maximal test which requires the candidate to step up onto a step which is 30cm (12mm) in height. Once on the step with both feet the candidate will then step back off the step before repeating the movements in time with a metronome which is supplied as part of the Chester Step test package.
The Chester Step test is multi-staged which means that, with each level of increase, the speed in which the candidate has to step up and off the step increases.
The pack comes complete with a chart and graph which is used to determine the level of fitness in line with each stage progressed to.
Chester Step test equipment
A 30cm/12″ Step.
A Heart Rate Monitor which can usually be supplied by all good sports and fitness outlets.
The Chester Step Test CD (available on this webpage)
A CD player in order to play the disc.
Chester Step procedure
- To begin with the heart rate monitor will be attached to you in line with the manufacturer’s instructions. You will then be given instructions by the test administrator on how to carry out the test, including a brief demonstration.
- The Chester Step Test CD will then commence and it will be the candidates’ task to continue stepping for a total of 2 minutes.
- After the first 2 minutes, which is called stage 1, you will stop and the administrator will assess your heart beat in line with the chart or graph.
- Providing your heart rate is below 80% of your maximum heart rate and the RPE is below 14 at the end of the first stage you will then be permitted to continue on to stage 2 which consists of 20 steps per minute. You’ll be asked to continue stepping at the slightly faster rate in stage 2 (20 steps/min).
- Once again, after another 2 minutes elapses your heart rate will be taken.
- Providing your heart rate is below 80% of your maximum heart rate and the RPE is below 14, you’ll be asked to continue stepping at the slightly faster rate is stage 3 (25 steps/min).
- The test will continue until either you report an RPE greater than 14 and/or an exercise heart rate greater than 80% of your maximum heart rate (stage 4 = 30 steps/min, stage 5 = 35 steps/min).
This pack contains the Chester Step Test CD – a comprehensive PDF resource manual, calculating software, plus a data collection pad for conducting the test – IN STOCK NOW for immediate dispatch!
The’Chester Step Test’ is an approved selection test for public services assessing the aerobic capability of the applicant. The test that we provide you with is not a copy – it is the OFFICIAL test that has been endorsed by the UK Home Office. It is specifically designed to be a sub-maximal assessment of the individual’s maximal aerobic capability.
The Chester Step Test is used by sports coaches and trainers to estimate an athlete’s maximum oxygen uptake better known as VO2 Max. The ‘Chester Step Test’ is especially useful for those people who are applying for either the Emergency Services or the Armed Forces. It is also highly suited to players of sports like football, hockey or rugby.
ABOUT THE ‘CHESTER STEP TEST’
The great advantage of the ‘Chester Step Test’ is that you can change the step height for different participants. The ‘Chester Step Test’ height ranges between 0.15 to 0.30 metres depending on the person whom you are assessing – there are standardised criteria for choosing a step height based on the subject’s age and physical activity history. The initial step rate is 15 steps per minute and every 2 minutes the tempo increases by 5 steps per minute.
This Is The OFFICIAL Home Office Endorsed ‘Chester Step Test’!
This test is used by the following services as a tool for measuring a potential candidate’s ability for the job prior to entry at the medical stage:
- UK Police Forces (both police officer selection and PCSO).
- The British Fire Service for fire-fighter selection.
- The British Army for regular soldiers and officer’s.
- The Royal Marines.
- The Prison Service for assessing entry for prison officers.
In addition to this the ‘Chester Step Test’ is a fantastic tool for measuring your own fitness and it will go a long way to improving your fitness all year round. The great thing about it is that you can carry out the test at home. It only takes 5 minutes for you to really feel the test pushing you. The ‘Chester Step Test’ was developed by Kevin Sykes while at Chester College, hence the term ‘Chester’.
MAIN ‘CHESTER STEP TEST’ PRODUCT FEATURES:
- IN STOCK now and available in CD format.
- Genuine product which is officially endorsed by the UK Home Office.
- Comes complete with progression chart and manual on the disk.
- Chart, graph and instructions readable on the disk and are printable so that you can monitor your performance.
- Duel format CD! Works on CD players for audio playback and can be used on PCs to access the data files.
The Advantages of the Chester Step Test:
Minimal equipment is required and the test is very portable. The test is designed to be flexible in assessing people with a wide range of absolute aerobic fitness levels by having adjustable step heights. As previously stated, the test itself can be carried out at home at anytime.
HOW TO ORDER YOUR CHESTER STEP TEST PRODUCT
ORDER WITH CONFIDENCE
YOUR ORDER COMES WITH A 10-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE. IF YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WE WILL REFUND YOUR PAYMENT IN FULL WITHIN 10 DAYS OF PURCHASE.
100% SECURE PAYMENT PROCESSING
ALL MAJOR CARDS ACCEPTED
ALL ORDERS ARE DISPATCHED WITHIN 24 HOURS
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CUSTOM
For all enquiries/comments please contact us at: email@example.com
How2become is an HSBC Start-Up Stars National Finalist.
How2become | 50 Churchill Square Business Centre | Kings Hill | Kent | ME19 4YU