CIRCUIT TRAINING DRILLS
Learn how to conduct circuit training drills for either your own personal fitness gains or as part of a sports class session!
- Circuit training is just one of the many ways in which you can greatly improve your overall strength, stamina and core fitness levels.
- Most people who attend a gym will concentrate on just one exercise for a set period of time, such as 20-minutes rowing or 30-minutes of cycling.
- However, in order to spice up your fitness regime and allow yourself to work on different areas of your body we strongly recommend that you learn how to do circuit training.
Circuit training is basically carrying out between 6 and 10 different strength exercises, one after the other with a very brief rest period. Each of the different exercises is performed for either a set period of time (i.e. 30 seconds) or for a set number of repetitions. Once you have completed ‘the circuit’ you will then generally take a longer rest before starting the circuit again. You will generally repeat this process for between 2-6 times depending on your fitness levels or your instructor. There are three different levels of circuit training, ranging from beginner, intermediate through to advance.
HOW TO PLAN YOUR CIRCUIT TRAINING SESSION
The first step is to take a piece of paper and a pen and write down the exercises you wish to perform during your session. We recommend you choose from the following list:
- Sit ups
- Press ups
- Star jumps
- Squat thrusts
- Bench dips
- Chest press
- Bicep curls
Of course, you can add as many different exercises as you wish, depending on the areas of your body you wish to work on. Once you have collated your list of exercises you will then need to details how many repetitions of each you intend to perform, or alternatively, how long you want to do each exercise for. An example of this may look like:
- 20 x sit ups
- 15 x Press ups
- 15 x star jumps
- 12 x Squat jumps
- 10 x Bench dips
- 10 x Chest press
- 8 x Bicep curls
Finally, set a rest period for when you have completed the circuit training session. A good time length for rest is usually between 2 and 5 minutes depending on your fitness level.
CIRCUIT TRAINING TIPS
- - Be sure to carry out a thorough warm up session before you undertake any circuit training session.
- - We recommend that you carry out your session with a group of other people to help keep your motivation levels high.
- - Try carrying out your circuit training session to music. Again, this will increase and maintain motivational levels.
EXAMPLE CIRCUIT TRAINING SESSIONS FOR THE BODY
Here are some example circuit training session which will focus on improving cardio fitness and also upper body strength:
• Upper-body workouts
- Press ups, Bench dips, Pull ups, Medicine ball chest pass, Bench lift, Inclined press up
• Lower-body workouts
- Squat jumps, Compass jumps, Astride jumps, Step ups, Shuttle runs, Hopping shuttles, Bench squat
• Full-body workouts
- Burpees, Treadmills, Squat thrusts, Skipping.
10-STAGE CIRCUIT TRAINING DRILLS EXAMPLE
HOW TO DO CIRCUIT TRAINING DRILLS DVD
Of course, for those people who are at an advanced level of circuit training, you will find the above exercises far too easy. If you are at the advanced level then you may decide to choose the Endurance Circuit. An example of this is here:
Endurance Circuit Training Session
To begin with, try warming up with ten minute of gentle jogging. If you are carrying out the circuit at your local gym, you may decide to jog there as your warm up session. Once you start the endurance circuit it is important to quickly move from one exercise station to another. Try the following and see how you get on:
1. Run 400 metres at your fastest possible pace (sprinting). It is OK to use a running machine if in the gym.
2. Perform 10 pull ups or lateral pull downs.
3. Perform 48 crunches with your knees in the up position.
4. Carry out 15 squat thrusts.
5. Then carry out 22 press-ups.
7. Run 200 metres at your fastest possible pace.
8. Perform 18 x bicep curls with a 10 kg bar weight (total).
10. Perform 15 low-back extensions.
11. Do 12 bench press exercises with a 20 kg bar x 3 times.
12. Conduct 15 lunges with each leg.
13. Run 400 metres at your fastest time possible.
14. Carry out 50 crunch sit-ups with your knees in the raised position.
There are many advantages to carrying out circuit training drills. Let’s explore them:
Advantages of carrying out circuit training drills
Advantages of circuit training are:
- Allows you to very quickly develop your strength and endurance;
- Circuit training drills can be carried out when you have very little time, such as your lunch hour;
- This kind of training is great for improving fitness for all sorts of sports;
- You can easily adapt the level of circuit to fit in with your fitness levels;
- The exercises are relatively simple in nature and easy to master;
- You can select the intensity of the circuit training drill depending on your mood, the amount of time you have and also your energy levels.
The following circuit training drills DVD set will teach you how to carry out the exercises in a fun and professional manner. Now in stock and ready for immediate delivery!
CIRCUIT TRAINING DRILLS DVD SET
Within this DVD set you will learn many different circuit training drills which can be conducted either with or without gym equipment. Each session is designed to work on different muscle groups which will enhance your own performance.
The DVD provides fitness ideas in order to to maximise the performance of your players but also add interest and variety to your circuit training drills.
In two sections it gives you a clear:
- understanding of circuit training, including how to prepare, organise and teach a circuit session. This also gives information on circuit training methods, which allow endless variations and progressive circuit sessions to be planned
- demonstration of 50 different exercises.
KEY BENEFITS OF THE DVD INCLUDE:
- - Exercises that can be conducted as part of a team or as an individual;
- - Fun and exciting fitness sessions focused on developing your fitness levels and ability;
- - Created and developed by the UK’s leading sports centre;
- - Easy to implement and follow.
ORDER WITH CONFIDENCE
YOUR ORDER COMES WITH A 10-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE.
IF YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WE WILL REFUND YOUR PAYMENT IN FULL WITHIN 10 DAYS OF PURCHASE.
100% SECURE PAYMENT PROCESSING
ALL MAJOR CARDS ACCEPTED
THE CIRCUIT TRAINING DRILLS DVD SET
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CUSTOM
For all enquiries/comments please contact us at: email@example.com
How2become is an HSBC Start-Up Stars National Finalist.
How2become | 50 Churchill Square Business Centre | Kings Hill | Kent | ME19 4YU