DO YOU WANT TO BECOME A MAGISTRATE IN 2013?
The How to become a magistrate book is a highly informative and educational guide that has been created by barristers and law professionals.
In this short video Richard McMunn explains how our insiders book will help you to gain the edge over other candidates and pass the magistrate selection process at the first attempt:
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE FOR APPOINTMENT AS A MAGISTRATE?
Magistrates are appointed by the Lord Chancellor on behalf of the Crown but he works very closely with the Lord Chief Justice who, as head of the judiciary, has considerable involvement with matters relating to magistrates. The Lord Chancellor, in close liaison with the Lord Chief Justice, operates through local Advisory Committees for these purposes.
These committees and the interview panels they form (which comprise both serving magistrates and members of the general public) will undertake the recruitment, interview and recommendation functions and, in doing so, will work to the Lord Chancellor’s national ‘Directions’.
It is important before you proceed to apply to become a magistrate that you check to see if there are any issues around your eligibility for appointment as governed by these Directions.
There are some absolute bars to appointment as a magistrate, such as:
• you are under 18 years of age.
• you are aged 70 years or over.
• your health will prevent you from carrying out the duties properly.
• by inference, you will not be appointed if you do not either live or work in England and Wales.
• you are seeking asylum or hold a Sector Based Scheme Visa.
• you are a serving police officer, special constable, prison service employee, traffic warden, probation officer, bailiff, member of the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) staff or directly involved in law enforcement.
• you are an employee of the NSPCC or RSPCA (both of whom regularly bring cases to court).
The above list is far from exhaustive and may, on occasions, be capable of special adaptation.
You should check with the guidance for applicants and/or your local Advisory Committee if you (or a spouse, partner or close relative) is in any way closely involved with any activity connected with magistrates’ courts which might possibly give rise to a potential conflict of interest.
Although being 65 years or over is not an automatic bar to appointment, in practice the selection and training process can be fairly lengthy and the Lord Chancellor would normally expect at least five years’ service before retirement from the bench occurs at aged 70 years.
There are many other personal factors that may or may not affect the likelihood of you appointment which the Advisory Committee will need to evaluate.
If you want to learn more about becoming a magistrate then our 100+ page book will tell you everything you need to know about becoming a magistrate. including how to pass the selection process.
MAIN PRODUCT FEATURES
• The top insider tips and advice on how to pass the selection process.
• How to successfully complete the magistrate application form.
• The interview questions including case study and ranking exercises.
• Lots of sample responses to the interview and application form questions.
• A Free ‘Interview Skills’ guide ebook.
Topics and information included within this guide include:
Preparing for the magistrate selection process
• What you need to know before you apply to become a magistrate.
• The role of a magistrate.
• The essential qualities and attributes that are required to perform the role competently.
• How to study the role effectively and apply your skills to the selection process.
• Where to apply including application form details.
• The top INSIDER TIPS AND ADVICE brought to you from serving magistrates.
• What the selection process involves.
• Court room procedure.
• The process of sentencing.
How to complete the magistrate application form to ensure success
• Where to obtain the application form and how to apply.
• Detailed information on what the assessors are looking for in successful applications.
• Sample successful responses to the application form.
• Using keywords and phrases that match the qualities required to become a magistrate.
• Insider tips on how to ensure your application gets through.
• The common mistakes that you MUST avoid is you are to be successful.
How to pass the magistrate first and second interviews
• Actual sample interview questions.
• Detailed explanation on what the Local Advisory Committee are looking for.
• Sample successful responses to the interview questions.
• How you will be assessed during the first and second interviews.
• Insider tips on how to pass the interviews.
• How to ensure SUCCESS and create the right impression.
PLUS MANY MORE PAGES OF ESSENTIAL INFORMATION…
AND, WHEN YOU ORDER YOU WILL RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING EXTRA FREE BONUS.
FREE BONUS - ‘INTERVIEW SKILLS’ 150 PAGE E-BOOK GUIDE.
Within the ‘How to Pass your Interview’ guide we have provided you with information pages to help you pass any Job Interview and it will provide you with additional sample magistrate interview questions to help you prepare!
HERE’S WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS GUIDE:
- Effective introductions, The interview structure, interview questions and answers.
- Preparing psychologically, proving you want the job.
- What to research, what not to research.
- Overcoming interview nerves.
- How to relax during the interview, Having a Plan B.
- Follow-up letters, networking.
- Effective communication skills.
- Questions to ask the panel, what not to ask the panel.
- Creating success stories, avoiding mistakes, what to say at the end of the interview.
- Structuring a post-interview letter.
Please note – the ‘Interview Skills’ guide will be sent to you via e mail in ebook format.
FREE BONUS - ONLINE MAGISTRATE INTERVIEW TRAINING SUITE.
ORDER HOW TO BECOME A MAGISTRATE 100 PAGE BOOK TODAY AND RECEIVE A FREE ‘HOW TO PASS YOUR INTERVIEW’ E-BOOK GUIDE PLUS FREE ONLINE COACHING!
BUY NOW FOR ONLY £12.97 + p and p
ORDER WITH CONFIDENCE.
Your order comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
100% SECURE PAYMENT PROCESSING.
ALL MAJOR CARDS ACCEPTED
ALL ORDERS ARE DISPATCHED WITHIN 24 HOURS
OPTION 1: 100-PAGE BOOK DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR
‘How to Become A Magistrate’ + FREE Bonus
OPTION 2: GET YOUR PACK AS AN INSTANT DOWNLOAD
‘How To Become A Magistrate’ + 2 Bonuses Download
OPTION 3 – THE PLATINUM PACKAGE
The Platinum Package is a stunning collection of Books and CD ROM’s that will help you to successfully pass the tough magistrate selection process. This powerful package includes:
- ‘How2become a Magistrate’ award-winning book.
- The 250-page testing booklet.
- ‘How To Complete Application Forms’ book.
- The 150-page ‘Interview Skills’ book.
- The highly recommended ‘Interview Skills’ PC:CD ROM.
How2become is an HSBC Start-Up Stars National Finalist.
How2Become Ltd, Suite 2, 50 Churchill Square, Kings Hill, Kent. ME19 4YU