PASS THE POLICE INTERVIEW
WITH SAMPLE QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
*NEW CORE COMPETENCIES*
If you have decided that you want to become a police officer, then there is a tough application process which you will need to undertake. The police officer interview is one of the final stages in this process.
ABOUT THE POLICE INTERVIEW
Competition for the position of police officer is fierce and you need to ensure that you stand out from other candidates. One way to do this is to make sure that you are fully prepared for the interview, the types of questions that you will be asked and how you plan on answering these questions.
That’s why we’ve created a UNIQUE insider’s DVD that will teach you how to pass the interview. Our DVD provides you with a variety of sample interview questions all of which are accompanied by structured, professional responses.
The police officer interview is one of the last stages of the recruitment process. If you make it to this point you have done well and you won’t want to fail. Some candidates fail to plan for their interview. Therefore, if you prepare beforehand you are much more likely to stand out and succeed at this important stage!
WHEN DOES IT TAKE PLACE?
- Once you have passed the application form stage, you will required to attend an assessment centre and undertake a fitness test.
- As part of the assessment centre you will be asked to sit through a formal interview (as well as testing and role play scenarios). This will be one of your first opportunities where you can make a positive impression on the recruiters.
THE PURPOSE – WHY?
- The interview is used to assess your initial suitability for the role within the police, as well as determining what your understanding of the role is.
- Again, you will be tested on your ability to demonstrate the NEW core competencies of a police officer.
PREPARING FOR THE INTERVIEW
Some of the most common approaches to assessment preparation begin with; internet research, contacting and arranging visits to local police stations, as well as talking with serving officers and probationers.
However, “those candidates that stand out on the day use the experience of those who have already been through the process and successfully passed, which is where we can help”.
It is important to remember that this interview will be the first chance that your recruiters will have to speak to you in person. The panel will ask you a range of questions in order to assess your professional capabilities.
SAMPLE QUESTIONS WHICH YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE ASKED
The interviewers will ask you a number of competency based questions regarding particular areas of your personality. These include questions regarding:
- Your integrity and honesty
- How well you work within a team
- How well you can communicate within a team
- They will also examine your understanding of the ideas of diversity and equality, as well as asking how you put this knowledge into practise
- What you understand to be the role and function of a police officer
You aim is to provide professional answers to these questions which show that you possess the competency to become a police officer!
STRATEGY FOR SUCCESS
In order to successfully prepare for this selection process, it is important that you:
1. Research your Police force
2. Review your application form (this is why you should keep a copy of it!)
3. Learn from those who have successfully passed this stage
4. Prepare a list of sample questions
5. Prepare real life examples to answer these questions
THE INTERVIEW ITSELF
- This police interview is conducted by 2 panel members; where one or more of these panel members will be a senior officer.
- Each interview is unique and is determined by the information that the recruiters have already gathered about you. This includes details from your application form (so make sure you know this information inside out).
- The interview is designed to test a candidates ability on a much closer scale than they have previously experienced.
- Once you undertaken the interview, you will then be the subject to a comprehensive and full vetting process which is undertaken by an independent police department and not during the assessment centre.
INCREASING YOUR CHANCES OF SUCCESS
The ‘How To Pass The Police Interview’ DVD will show you exactly how you are going to be scored by the recruiters at this stage. It will also provide you with the types of questions you will be asked and show you how to answer them in order to obtain high marks.
If you do decide to get a copy of this DVD, you will learn how to match the competencies at every stage using keywords and phrases.
From sample questions through to sample responses we will show you how to match the core competencies and pass the police interview!
THE POLICE INTERVIEW’ DVD
Topics covered in this insider’s DVD include:
1. The Police Core Competencies
- An in-depth explanation on each of the assessable areas.
- What you need to say in order to match these core competencies.
- Sample police interview scoring criteria.
2. The Scoring Criteria
- An extensive section of the DVD why comprehensively explains how you’ll be assessed.
- How the police force will assess you during this stage.
- Insider tips on how stronger scoring applicants answer the questions.
- How to avoid the common pitfalls that many people make during the selection process.
- The importance of structuring your responses concisely and logically.
- Sample questions and how to answer them successfully.
3. The Interview Process
- How the police structure your interview.
- The questions that you will be asked.
- How to structure your responses in order to your maximise potential.
- How to focus on success on your individual success in order to achieve the desired results.
4. A Mock Interview and Questions
- A highly beneficial section which is dedicated to mock interviews.
- 4 competency based questions asked by a mock panel.
- Answers to each of the above questions.
- Probing questions and how to best respond to them.
BUY NOW FOR ONLY £19.95 (plus p+p and vat)
ORDER WITH CONFIDENCE
Your order comes with a 10-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied we will refund your payment within 10 days of purchase.
100% SECURE PAYMENT PROCESSING
All major cards accepted.
All orders are dispatched within 24 hours.
OPTION 1- DVD DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR
OPTION 2 - GOLD PACKAGE
‘How To Pass The Police Interview’ DVD +
‘How To Become A Police Officer’ Comprehensive Guide
For all enquiries/comments please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How2become is an HSBC Start-Up Stars National Finalist.
How2become | 50 Churchill Square | Kings Hill | Kent | ME16 8JR.