PASS THE POLICE INTERVIEW
WITH SAMPLE QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
If you have decided that you want to become a police officer there is a tough application process that you will need to undertake and the police officer interview is one of the final stages in this process.
ABOUT THE POLICE INTERVIEW
Competition for the position of police officer is fierce and you need to ensure that you stand out from other candidates. One way to do this is to ensure you are fully prepared for the interview, the types of questions that you will asked and how you plan on answering them.
That’s why we’ve created a UNIQUE insider’s DVD that will teaches you how to pass the interview and a provides sample interview questions and with structured responses.
The police officer interview is one of the last stages of the recruitment process. If you make it to this point you have done well and you won’t want to fail. Some candidates leave the interview to chance but those who prepare beforehand are much more likely to stand out and succeed at this stage!
WHEN DOES IT TAKE PLACE?
- Once you have passed the application form stage you will required to attend an assessment centre and undertake a fitness test.
- As part fo the assessment centre you will be asked to sit through a formal interview (as well as testing and role play scenarios) and this will be one of your first opportunities to make a positive impression on the recruiters.
THE PURPOSE – WHY?
- The interview is used to assess your initial suitability for the role within police, as well as what your understanding of the role is.
- Again you will be tested on your ability to demonstrate the core competencies of a police officer.
PREPARING FOR THE INTERVIEW
The most common approaches to preparation begin with internet research, contacting and arranging visits to local police stations and officers as well as chatting with serving officers and probationers.
However, “those candidates that stand out on the day use the experience of those who have already been through the process and successfully passed, which is where we can help”.
It is important to remember that this interview will be the first chance that your recruiters will have to speak to you in person and the panel of will ask a range of questions in order to assess your capabilities.
SAMPLE QUESTIONS YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE ASKED
The interviewers will ask a number of competency based questions regarding particular areas of your personality such as:
- Your integrity and honesty
- How well you work within a team
- How well you are able to communicate within a team.
- They will also cover what you understand by the ideas of diversity and equality and how you put this into practise,
- Finally what you understand to be the role and function of an officer.
You aim to to provide answers to these questions that show you possess this competency!
STRATEGY FOR SUCCESS
1. Research your Police force
2. Review your application form (hopefully you kept a copy of it)
3. Learn from those who have successfully passed this stage
4. Prepare a list of sample questions
5. Prepare real life examples to answer the questions
THE INTERVIEW ITSELF
- This police interview is conducted by 2 panel members where one or more of these panel members will be a senior officer.
- Each interview is unique and is determined by the information that the recruiters have already gathered about you including details from your application form (so make sure you know this inside out).
- The interview is designed to test a candidates ability on a much closer scale than they have previously experienced.
- Once you undertaken the interview you will then be the subject to a comprehensive and full vetting process which is undertaken by an independent police department and not during the assessment centre.
INCREASING YOUR CHANCES OF SUCCESS
The ‘How To Pass The Police Interview’ DVD will show you exactly how you are going to be scored by the recruiters at this stage and provide you with the types of questions you will be asked and show you how to answer them to obtain high marks.
If you do decide to get a copy of this DVD you will learn how to match the competencies at every stage using keywords and phrases.
From sample questions through to sample responses we will show you how to match the core competencies and pass the police interview!
THE POLICE INTERVIEW’ DVD
Topics covered in this ‘insiders’ DVD…
1. The Police Core Competencies
- An in-depth explanation on each of the assessable areas.
- What you need to say in order to match them.
- Sample police interview scoring criteria.
2. The Scoring Criteria
- A powerful section of the DVD explains how you’ll be assessed.
- How the police force will assess you during this stage.
- Insider tips on how stronger scoring applicants answer the questions.
- How to avoid the common pitfalls that many people make.
- The importance of structuring your responses concisely and logically.
- Sample questions and how to answer them.
3. The Interview Process
- How the police structure your interview.
- The questions that you will get asked.
- How to structure your responses in order to maximise potential.
- Focusing on success in order to achieve the desired results.
4. A Mock Interview and Questions
- A fantastic section which is dedicated to mock interviews.
- 4 competency based questions asked by a mock panel.
- Answers to each of the above questions.
- Probing questions and how to respond to them.
BUY NOW FOR ONLY £19.95 (plus p+p and vat)
ORDER WITH CONFIDENCE
Your order comes with a 10-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied we will refund your payment within 10 days of purchase.
100% SECURE PAYMENT PROCESSING
All major cards accepted.
All orders are dispatched within 24 hours.
OPTION 1- DVD DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR
OPTION 2 – SILVER PACKAGE
‘How To Pass The Police Interview’ DVD +
‘How To Become A Police Officer’ CD Rom
OPTION 3 – GOLD PACKAGE
‘How To Pass The Police Interview’ DVD +
Police Interview Questions and Answers Workbook +
Online Police Officer Video Coaching and Tuition
For all enquiries/comments please contact us at: email@example.com
How2become is an HSBC Start-Up Stars National Finalist.
How2become | 50 Churchill Square | Kings Hill | Kent | ME16 8JR.