BECOME A POLICE OFFICER IN 2013?
AT YOUR VERY FIRST ATTEMPT!…
If you want to know how to become a Police Officer in the UK then you have certainly come to the right place. This page will provide you with essential advice and information on how to obtain one of the most sought after careers available.
We have collated a mass of insider information on how to successfully pass the selection process and it is all available on this page. Let’s start off by telling you what the UK selection process involves and how we can help you join the police in 2013!
THE POLICE OFFICER SELECTION PROCESS
The selection process will normally consist of the following elements:
Stage 1 – Completion of the Competency Based Application Form
The application form is the first stage of selection. You will normally be required to complete the form online and it should be your priority to ensure that you match the assessable core competencies that are relevant to the role.
Stage 2 – National Police Officer Assessment Centre
Once you have successfully passed the application form you will be invited to attend an assessment centre. This usually lasts for a total of 4 hours, during which you will be required to undertake the following assessments:
• Competency based interview
• Two written tests
• Four interactive Assessments or role plays
• The Police Initial Recruitment Test (consisting of Verbal, logical and numerical reasoning)
The Pass Mark for the National Assessment Centre is usually an overall score of 55% – throughout the centre you will be assessed against the core competencies.
Stage 3 – Full Vetting Checks and a possible final interview
Some UK Police Forces are now requiring applicants to sit a final interview in addition to the competency based assessment centre interview.In addition to this you will also undergo a number of vetting checks to ensure that you meet the minimum eligibility requirements for becoming a police officer.
Stages 4 & 5 – Medical and fitness assessments
Part of the final stages of selection involve a requirement to undergo a medical and a fitness test. The two elements of the police fitness test are the dynamic strength test and the endurance fitness or the bleep test as it is sometimes called.
HOW TO PASS THE SELECTION PROCESS
The police officer core competencies form the fundamental requirements of the role. They identify how you should perform and they are key to the role of an officer. Read them carefully and make sure you understand them; they are crucial to your success!
- Throughout the selection process you should concentrate on the core competencies, constantly trying to demonstrate them at every stage.
- When completing the police application form your answers should be based around the core competencies. The same rule applies to the written tests, the interview and also the role-play exercises.
- The most effective way to achieve this is to use ‘keywords and phrases’ in your responses to the application form and interview questions.
- You can also adopt this method when tackling the role-plays and the written tests. Using keywords and phrases that correspond to the core competencies will gain you higher scores.
- Make sure you have a copy of the competencies next to you when completing the application form and whilst preparing for the assessment centre.
The core competencies cover a wide range of required skills and attributes including team working, customer focus, problem solving and equality and fairness issues, to name but a few.
PASS THE POLICE RECRUITMENT PROCESS WITH OUR AWARD-WINNING 200+ PAGE BOOK AND INTERVIEW DVD
We guarantee that the How To Become a Police Officer book + DVD will teach you how to navigate the different elements of the selection process. The package contains 200+ pages of police recruitment information, tests and videos which will guide you through each of the different elements of selection, including the application form, the assessment centre, the interviews and the fitness test.
Watch Richard McMunn (author of this guide) below tell you more about the benefits of the package, which has been written in conjunction with a former serving Officer and is the ULTIMATE guide for passing the selection process… At the VERY FIRST ATTEMPT!
This award-winning 200+ page book and DVD contains a wealth of information and here’s what’s included:
1. Essential information how you will be assessed during every stage of the selection process.
2. Lots of up-to-date sample application form questions, responses and tips on how to pass this initial stage.
3. Step-by-step information on how to pass the role pays, interactive exercises, written report, Police Initial Recruitment Test (PIRT) and the interviews.
4. Sample answers to each of the competency based interview questions.
5. Insider tips on how to answer the interview questions and advice on how you will be scored during each of the different elements of selection.
Here’s a sample interview question and tips on how you can answer it effectively:
Q.”Please provide an example of where you have worked as part of a team to achieve a difficult task.”
Tips for constructing your response:
- Try to think of a situation where you volunteered to work with a team in order to achieve a difficult task. It is better to say that you volunteered as opposed to being asked to get involved by another person.
- Those candidates who can provide an example where they achieved the task despite the constraints of time will generally score better.
Consider structuring your response in the following manner:
Step 1 - Explain what the situation was and how you became involved.
Step 2 - Now explain who else was involved and what the task was.
Step 3 - Explain why the task was difficult and whether there were any time constraints.
Step 4 - Explain how it was decided who would carry out what task.
Step 5 - Now explain what had to be done and how you overcame any obstacles or hurdles.
Step 6 - Explain what the result/outcome was. Try to make the result positive as a result of your actions.
This powerful police officer recruitment package is regularly updated and you will find it an exceptional tool for helping you pass the selection process.
BRAND NEW AND UPDATED FOR 2014 – BECOME A POLICE OFFICER WITH OUR AWARD-WINNING 200+ PAGE BOOK AND INTERVIEW DVD
HERE’S WHAT ELSE IS INCLUDED IN YOUR BOOK AND DVD:
Advice on how to pass the selection process
• Advice on how to complete the application form including sample questions and answers
• Previously successful application form responses that you can use on your own form.
• How to pass the entire selection process.
• Avoiding the common pitfalls that most applicants make – 75% of people fail the application form!
• Police Officer interview questions and guidance on how to answer each one of them.
• Role play/Interactive exercise scenarios that will help you to prepare thoroughly.
• How you can achieve Grade ‘A’s in the Role play exercises and every other element of selection.
• Police Initial Recruitment Test (PIRT) questions to help you prepare.
• How to respond to the competency based interview questions.
• Understanding the importance of Equality and Fairness and how to apply it to each element of selection.
Preparing for your career as a police officer in the UK
• Where you can apply in the UK and tips on recruitment.
• The importance of ensuring you meet the minimum eligibility requirements.
• Why joining the Force right now is a fantastic career choice.
• Your training and probationary period that you will undergo when you join the Force.
• How to get fit and be able to pass the fitness test.
Plus much more essential information and resources…
PLUS 3 EXTRA FREE BONUSES!
When you order How2Become a Police Officer + DVD you will receive the following 3 EXTRA free bonuses:
BONUS 1 – THE EXCLUSIVE 150-PAGE ‘INTERVIEW SKILLS’ EBOOK GUIDE
FOR A LIMITED PERIOD ONLY we are able to give you our awesome 150-page ‘Interview Skills’ guide free of charge. This guide has been written by a former serving fire officer with over 17 years experience. It is the perfect guide to help you prepare for the tough police officer final interview! The guide is contained within your online recruitment suite.
BONUS 2 – A FREE POLICE FITNESS INFORMATION GUIDE
The guide has been specifically designed to show you how to get as fit as the UK’s police officers. This essential guide, which is included free of charge within your book, will show you how to plan your workouts in order to maximise your potential and pass the fitness tests. Within this guide there is something for everyone and you don’t have to be a member of a gym to follow it.
BONUS 3 – 30-DAYS FREE POLICE OFFICER TESTING SUITE ACCESS
You will receive 30-days FREE ACCESS to our awesome online testing suite that will give you sample tests very similar to the Police Initial Recruitment Test (PIRT)! After the 30 days free trial is over the service is automatically charged at just £4.95 plus vat per month with no minimum term. See our terms and conditions for more details.
GET YOUR PACKAGE NOW FROM JUST £12.97 (plus p+p)
ORDER WITH CONFIDENCE – 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED.
Your order comes with a full 10-day money-back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase we will refund your payment.
100% SECURE PAYMENT PROCESSING
All major cards accepted.
Your order will be dispatched within 24 hours – GUARANTEED.
OPTION 1 : HOW TO BECOME A POLICE OFFICER 200+ PAGE INSIDER BOOK + INTERVIEW DVD
OPTION 2 : GET YOUR PACK AS AN INSTANT DOWNLOAD
‘How To Become A Police Officer’ + 3 Bonuses Download.
OPTION 3 – THE POLICE OFFICER GOLD PACKAGE
‘How To Become A Police Officer’ guide + ‘How To Pass The Police Interview’ DVD + ‘How To Pass The Police Role Play’ DVD + ‘The Police Officer Fitness Test’ MP3
OPTION 4 – THE POLICE OFFICER PLATINUM PACK
The ‘Platinum Package’ is a complete home study package consisting of a STUNNING collection of BOOKS, DVD’s and WORKBOOKS all designed to take you through the entire selection process. When you order this exclusive pack you will receive direct to your home the following:
- The 250 page How To Become A Police Officer’ guide
- ‘How To Complete The Police Application Form’ DVD
- ‘How To Pass The Police Written Tests’ DVD + download pack
- ‘How To Pass The Police Role Play’ DVD
- ‘How To Pass the Police Interview’ DVD
- The Police Fitness Fitness Test’ Audio CD
Total package value = £ 129.80
SPECIAL OFFER PRICE
HOW TO CONTACT US: If you have any questions about your order then please contact us direct at email@example.com. We will respond to all email enquiries within 24 hours.
How2become is an HSBC Start-Up Stars National Finalist.