HOW TO BECOME A PRISON OFFICER IN 2013
This awesome 180-page book and 60-minute DVD have been created in conjunction with current serving prison officers and is guaranteed to help you successfully pass the tough prison officer selection process.
Before we tell you more about this guider and DVD and how they will help you to pass the selection process, let’s take a look at the role of a Prison Officer and also the 6 key qualities required to perform the role competently:
The modern day Prison Ofﬁcer has an important role to play in ensuring prisoners are treated decently and humanely, encouraging them to live useful, law-abiding lives once released from custody.
- Your role as a competent and effective Prison Ofﬁcer stretches far further than ensuring prisoners abide to prison rules.
- You will be involved in their education, training and coaching, which in turn will help them to lead better lives both inside and outside of prison. Naturally there comes a great deal of reward with this role and many Prison Ofﬁcers enjoy the beneﬁts of a good salary, working conditions and, above all, job satisfaction.
- Yes, the role of a prison ofﬁcer is demanding and challenging but being part of a team that transforms people’s lives is a great prospect for many Prison Service employees.
- Many people apply to join the Prison Service every year and by researching the role, the selection process and also preparing yourself fully, you will drastically improve your chances of becoming a Prison Ofﬁcer.
Apart from custodial duties, you will be expected to build close relationships with those people serving custodial sentences and obviously this takes a great deal of skill, education and awareness. This type of challenge is not for everyone but if you believe you have the right qualities, attributes and a determination to succeed, then you can become a Prison Ofﬁcer.
In the following video Richard McMunn explains how this book and DVD will help you to become an officer within the Prison Service:
THE 6 BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS FOR BECOMING A PRISON OFFICER
1. Non-verbal communication – this essentially means maintaining eye contact with the role play actor during the selection process, nodding to show understanding when appropriate and also using open hand gestures during the simulations.
2. Showing Understanding – this means demonstrating that you understand the situation and sympathise where appropriate whilst listening to the concerns and problems raised by role players when taking part in the role play exercises that form part of the Prison Officer selection process.
3. Suspending Judgement – this means not making any inappropriate interruptions and suspending your judgements on what you are hearing in the simulation before deciding on the right course of action that should be taken or giving advice.
4. Assertion – this means displaying the right level of behaviour in the situation. You will not be expected to be either too aggressive or give way to demands or pressure. As a Prison Officer you will be required to be assertive in the role on a daily basis.
5. Respect for Diversity – this means challenging comments and stereo types made in the scenarios in an appropriate way. These may be in the form of racist, sexist, ageist or homophobic comment or other forms of intolerant language.
6. Exploring & Clarifying – this basically means asking questions to gain information which will help understand the problems and assist in solving them and then clarifying that you have understood what the problems are.
This book and DVD contains masses of crucial information that will help you to become a prison officer. It contains advice on how to apply, how to pass the recruitment assessment day (including the role plays) and how to pass the Prison Officer Selection Test (POST).
MAIN PRODUCT FEATURES:
• The top insider tips and advice on how to become a prison officer.
• 180-page book created by serving prison officers and role play DVD.
• Insider tips and essential guidance on what you MUST do in order to pass.
• A FREE ‘How To Get Fit’ information guide.
• A FREE 150-page ‘Interview Skills’ guide.
Topics and information covered in this comprehensive/professional guide and DVD include -
INSIDER TIP 1 – Applying to become a prison officer
The very first stage of the selection process is to complete the application form. The recruitment staff will be looking for evidence of how you meet the qualities that are required to perform the role competently.
This book will provide you with insider guidance on how to apply and submit a great application form.
INSIDER TIP 2 – The Prison Officer Recruitment Assessment Day (RAD)
Once you have passed the first stage of selection you will be required to attend what is called a Recruitment Assessment Day (RAD). The RAD will assess you in a number of key areas including the Prison Officer Selection Test (POST) and also the role plays.
We will provide you with key advice and coaching on how to pass the RAD, including sample test questions and actual role play scenarios.
This comprehensive 180-page prison officer guide and DVD is regularly updated to bring you the very best information on how to become a prison officer.
HERE’S WHAT ELSE IS INCLUDED WITHIN THE 180-PAGE BOOK AND DVD
HOW TO PASS THE PRISON OFFICER SELECTION PROCESS
• How and where to apply to become a Prison Officer.
• Information on the Recruitment Assessment Day (RAD), what is involved and how to pass it.
• Recalling information test questions that are similar to the actual tests.
• Role plays including tips on how to pass sample scenarios.
• Preparing for the role plays – 60-minute DVD.
• How to read charts effectively, including sample tests.
• Applying rules test example.
• Numerical reasoning tests that are very similar to the actual tests.
• How to pass the online version of the POST.
• How to pass the job related fitness test.
HOW TO PASS THE PRISON OFFICER SELECTION TEST
• 4 sample practice tests, each of which contains 60 test questions.
• POST questions that are very similar to the real test.
• How to use the 24-hour clock – crucial to your success.
• Passing the numerical reasoning tests.
• Sample tests for the POST which forms part of the Recruitment Assessment Day.
• Example language tests.
• Memory tests and how to pass them.
HOW TO PASS THE PRISON OFFICER RECRUITMENT ASSESSMENT DAY
• Insider tips from serving prison officers on how to pass the RAD.
• Highly invaluable coaching by a recruitment expert.
• How to prepare for the role play scenarios in the DVD and book.
• Sample role play scenarios to really test you, including demonstrations.
• What you MUST say during the role plays in order to pass.
• How to deal with the role play actor.
• Qualities and attributes – and how to match them.
• The 6 core behavioural skills and how you can demosntrate them.
You will receive the following two 3 FREE bonus items!
BONUS 1 – THE 150-PAGE ‘INTERVIEW SKILLS’ GUIDE.
FOR A LIMITED PERIOD ONLY we are able to give you our awesome 150-page ‘Interview Skills’ guide free of charge when you order ‘How 2 Become a Prison Officer’ book.
BONUS 2 – A FREE ‘HOW TO GET PRISON OFFICER FIT’ GUIDE.
This FREE prison officer fitness guide will help you to pass the job related fitness test that forms part of the prison officer selection process.
BONUS 3 – FREE 30-DAYS ACCESS TO ONLINE PRISON OFFICER SELECTION TESTS!
This is an absolutely invaluable FREE bonus!When you order ‘How To Become A Prison Officer’ guide you will automatically receive 30-days free access to our exclusive online prison officer testing suite. This suite will give you hundreds of sample test questions that are very similar to the actual POST. After the 30-day free trial is over the service is automatically charged at just £4.95 plus vat with no minimum term. See our terms and conditions at the bottom of the page.
BUY NOW FROM ONLY £10.97 + vat
ORDER WITH CONFIDENCE
Your order comes with a 10-day money-back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase then we will refund your payment in full within 10 days.
100% SECURE PAYMENT PROCESSING
ALL MAJOR CARDS ACCEPTED
ALL ORDERS ARE DISPATCHED WITHIN 24 HOURS
OPTION 1: 180-PAGE BOOK + DVD DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR
OPTION 2: PRISON OFFICER GUIDE DOWNLOAD
OPTION 3: THE ULTIMATE PLATINUM PACK
The comprehensive ‘Platinum Pack’ includes:
- ‘How2become a Prison Officer’ 180-page book
- ‘Prison Officer Role Play’ 60-minute DVD
- ‘Prison Officer Interview’ DVD
- ‘Bleep Test’ fitness audio CD
- ‘Numerical Reasoning Test’ CD Rom
This comprehensive package is EVERYTHING you need to pass the entire selection process. Get it now for only £49!
How2become is an HSBC Start-Up Stars National Finalist.