Here at How2Become, we are always appreciative of fantastic authors and book. With this in mind, we couldn’t go without reminding everyone that today is Tolkien Reading Day! In this blog, we’ll show you how to celebrate and why!
What is Tolkien Reading Day
Tolkien Reading Day is an annual event that is held on the 25th March every year. It has been celebrated since 1978, with the aim of encouraging fans to promote the life’s work of J.R.R. Tolkien. The date in question, 25th March, relates to the fall of Sauron and Baradur in The Lord of the Rings. The theme for today’s celebration is life, death and immortality.
How can you celebrate?
There are plenty of ways to celebrate this amazing day. Here are a couple of great things to do, to honour the great J.R.R. Tolkien:
- Go barefoot, just like a hobbit.
- Try out some riddles!
- Start preparing for Hobbit Day!
- Take a trip to your local library, to see if you can find a copy of The Silmarillion.
- Find somewhere comfy and cosy to read through The Hobbit, and The Lord Of The Rings!
- Arrange a local event, where Tolkien lovers can read and celebrate the most famous fantasy work of all time!
Free Books For Schools!
To celebrate, How2Become is now offering ALL schools, colleges and universities free career books for their students! To make the most of this amazing offer, check out our Free Books Page!