FIREFIGHTER TESTS – QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
The new National Firefighter Selection Process consists of a number of new written tests that are split into 2 different sections. The first part of the firefighter written test consists of the following:
- Understanding information.
- Situational Awareness and Problem Solving.
- Working with Numbers.
The second part of the test consists of the ‘Firefighter Questionnaire’ which is designed to assess your behavioural skills and aptitude. Your test results in both Stage 1 and Stage 2 are then used to determine whether you go through to the next stage.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE UK FIREFIGHTER TESTS
In the weeks before the test, work hard to improve your skills in the testing areas. Try out as many test questions as possible and make sure you learn from your mistakes. The workbook on this page contains lots of sample Firefighter tests that are guaranteed to help you improve your scores.
- Get a good night’s sleep before the test day and don’t drink any alcohol or caffeine in the build up to the tests. It is important that you drink plenty or water in order to keep yourself hydrated.
- On the morning of the test, get up early and have a ﬁnal run through a number of sample test questions, just to get your brain working.
- Eat a good healthy breakfast such as bran ﬂakes and a chopped up banana. Don’t eat anything too heavy that will make you feel bloated or sluggish – remember, you want to be at your best.
- Whilst not essential, we recommend you wear a smart formal outﬁt for the testing day. The reason for this is simply because the majority of candidates will be casually dressed. It is better to stand out for the right reasons. A member of the testing staff might just be on the interview panel.
- Check the news for any potential trafﬁc problems and leave in good time to arrive at the test centre with plenty of time to spare. Take a small bottle of water with you to help keep you hydrated.
On The Day of the Test
- Arrive in good time at the test location. Make sure you know where the test centre is.
- Ensure that you know exactly what you are required to do – do not be afraid to ask questions if you are unsure.
- Follow the instructions you are given exactly.
- During the tests, try to eliminate as many wrong answers as possible. For example, with numerical tests, a quick estimate may help you to discard several of the options without working out every alternative.
130 pages of sample tests…
Within this 130-page comprehensive guide, which is written by a former serving firefighter, we will show you how to pass the firefighter written tests with ease. Practice makes perfect and with our new ‘How To Pass The Firefighter Tests’ guide you will be increasing your chances of success dramatically.
main product features
- Advice on how to increase your chances of success when going through the firefighter selection process.
- Numerous practice test questions that are guaranteed to improve your scores.
- Hints, tips and advice from a former serving Fire Officer on each stage of the testing process.
- A FREE 150-page ‘Interview Skills’ guide to prepare you for the next stage.
FIRE OFFICER RICHARD MCMUNN TESTIMONIAL
“There is no other such testing resource available anywhere. This testing publication will provide you with lots of sample test questions designed to help you pass the New National Firefighter Written Tests. “
Richard McMunn - Former Fire Officer
THE WORKBOOK CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING SECTIONS:
PREPARING FOR THE TESTS
- Hints, tips and advice to help you succeed by an expert in the field.
- Comprehensive and essential sections that will improve your test scores.
- Advice on pre-test preparation – what to do and what NOT to do.
- Creating the right impression at the test centre.
- How to focus your preparation in the right areas.
- What the firefighter tests are about and how to understand them.
- The firefighter Personal Qualities & Attributes and how they are used.
- Plenty of optional additional testing resources.
- Tips on how to increase your speed and increase your scores.
LOADS OF SAMPLE FIREFIGHTER TEST QUESTIONS
- An explanation about what the written tests involve.
- Sample ‘Understanding Information” questions to assist you.
- Lots of ‘Working with Numbers’ tests to improve your scores.
- ‘Situational Awareness’ and ‘Problem Solving’ tests.
- How to answer the ‘Breathing Apparatus’ calculations.
- Sample personality questionnaire tests.
- Useful hints and tips all designed to help you succeed.
- Further practice psychometric tests to help you.
When you order you will receive the following free bonuses:
A FREE 150 page Interview Skills guide Download
This 150-page guide is a MUST HAVE guide which will help you prepare fully for your Firefighter job interview. Packed full of interview tips, sample questions and answers it is the perfect guide to use in conjunction with Joshua Brown’s guide. This guide will be delivered to you electronically by email within a few seconds of your order being placed.
30-days access to online Firefighter Testing suite
You will receive 30-days FREE ACCESS to our awesome online fire service testing suite that will give you sample tests very similar to the UK National Fire Service selection tests. After the 30 days free trial is over the service is automatically charged at just £5.95 plus vat per month with no minimum term. Cancel at anytime by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. See our terms and conditions for more details.