• Great Britain
  • Australia
As Seen In

Kent Test help for parents

Homepage Forums Education Forum Kent Test Kent Test help for parents

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Steve 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Mandy
    Participant

Does anyone know how long after taking the tests we find out the results? My daughter is hoping to sit the Kent Test in September, she’s really hoping to get into Grammar School and we’ve lots of practice material for her to work through this summer. It’s going to be a nervous wait for the results though!

Steve
    Participant

Hi Mandy,
    According to GOV.UK the results are sent out on the 12 October 2017 🙂

Mandy
    Participant

Thanks, does anyone have any tips for how to best practice? It’s my first time going through this so I want to help prepare my daughter as much as possible! I think the non-verbal reasoning section is going to be where she’ll need to practice most. Even I struggle with a few of them!

Jamie180
    Participant

I think it really is a case of practice makes perfect with the non-verbal reasoning questions. Unfortunately sometimes you’ll see the answer straight away and other times it seems impossible! Getting used to the styles of question will really help your daughter (and you ;)) get used to recognising the patterns and sequences. For cube net questions we found that drawing it on paper and actually making the cube net was extremely helpful and also fun! Best of luck to your daughter!

Mandy
    Participant

Love the idea with the cube nets! Thanks Jamie. Rotations and reflections she seems okay with, it’s always questions about sequences or find the odd one out that are challenging.

Steve
    Participant

With sequence or odd one out questions it really helps to know WHY. Even if your daughter doesn’t get the questions correct first time it can help if she can ultimately understand WHY the answer is what it is she may be able to spot a similar pattern in other questions 🙂

Jamie180
    Participant

The non-verbal reasoning and verbal reasoning and marked together in one paper so hopefully if your daughter is okay with the verbal reasoning side of the paper there shouldn’t be too many questions she’ll struggle on 🙂

Steve
    Participant

What school/s are you looking at if you don’t mind me asking?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.