- 158-page interactive paperback workbook for KS3 Maths;
- A unique guide focussed specifically on KS3 numbers and calculations;
- Up-to-date with the new national curriculum;
- Maths taught in a fun and engaging way from award-winning creators;
- An easy to follow breakdown of each topic;
- Questions, games and quizzes to track your progress with ease;
- Achieve 100% at KS3!
KEY STAGE 3:
MathsIs Easy –Numbers and Calculations
Learn how to pass any Key Stage 3 maths assessment with the help of our KS3 maths revision guides. Our guides have been carefully created with the sole intention of increasing your child’s performance in their maths assessments
Give your child what they need to excel in their maths assessments.
Invest in your child’s learning today!
The ULTIMATE guide to succeeding!
KEY STAGE 3:
Maths Is Easy –
Numbers and Calculations
THE NATIONAL CURRICULUM
The national curriculum is a designed programme which creates uniformity within education. It is a mere concept to ensure that children are being taught certain subjects in order to improve their futures.
Maths is a core subject within the national curriculum, and every child will be expected to undergo maths lessons from early Key Stage years, to obtaining a GCSE in that subject.
The subject of maths teaches children basic mathematical skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division – essential for everyday life. Maths also goes beyond the basics and tackles topics such as fractions, decimals, percentages, ratios and a whole range of other areas.
Here at How2Become, we want to ensure that every child is equipped with the best resources to help them improve their learning.
The fundamental aims of the Maths subject include:
- Using basic calculations in order to work out sums;
- Highlighting the difference between accuracy and estimating, and when to use each;
- Understanding algebra and ways of expression;
- Using graphs and charts in order to display data;
- Understanding different averages including mean, mode, median and range;
- Learning the basics of mathematics in order to advance on to more challenging concepts;
- Building on children’s confidence so that they feel fully capable of using and applying basic mathematical concepts to their work.
In Key Stage 3, maths is broken down into several modules:
- Numbers and Calculations;
- Ratio, Proportion and Rates of Change;
- Geometry and Measures;
- Working with Algebra;
- Probability and Statistics.
NUMBERS AND CALCULATIONS
How To Use Our KS3 Numbers And
Key Stage 3 Maths (Numbers and Calculations) covers all of the basics you will need to know regarding different types of numbers, and how to work out different types of calculations. This book will focus on the basics that every child will need to know to ensure top across the Maths subject.
By the end of this guide, you will have a strong knowledge regarding the following:
|Rounding||Estimating||Negative Numbers||Ordering Numbers||Multiples|
|Factors||Prime Numbers||Lowest Common Multiple||Highest Common Factor||Fractions|
|Line graphs||Positive correlation||Negative correlation||No correlation||Frequencies|
|Decimals||Percentages||Powers||Square and Cube Roots||Calculator Buttons|
Add brackets in order to make the calculation correct.
12 + 24 ÷ 2 = 24
4² + 4 x 3 = 60
5 x 5 + 2 x 3 = 31
4 + 15 ÷ 3 x 0 = 0
Write < or > between the following numbers.
c) 345 34.5
d) 69.65 69.96
Fill in the missing numbers in order to make the calculation correct.
Place the following numbers in the correct part of the diagram. /p>
12 +(24 ÷ 2) = 24
(4² + 4) x 3 = 60
(5 x 5) + (2 x 3) = 31
4 + (15 ÷ 3) x 0 = 0
98 < 468
6.3 > 4.2
345 > 34.5
69.65 < 69.96
Making Learning As Enjoyable As Possible
School is a gruelling time for children. But, learning can be made a little bit easier for them with the right tools and resources. With the help of our KS3 Numbers and Calculations guide, we guarantee to improve your child’s learning and build on their mathematical confidence.
Packed full of advice, curriculum information, detailed examples and practice questions, this guide is ideal for anyone who wishes to improve their maths scores.
Whether it’s used to complement classroom learning, or to prepare for an assessment, this guide will provide lots of practice questions and information to help you learn different types of numbers and use basic calculations.
All it takes is a little bit of time and practice!
Key Stage 3 Numbers And Calculations –
Written and created by the UK’s leading recruitment experts; this comprehensive revision guide includes:
- Revision guide for Probability and Statistics – this revision book focuses specifically on any question relating to different types of numbers, and using basic calculations.
- A breakdown of the National Curriculum – – this guide is useful for parents who want to learn more about what their child will be learning during Key Stage 3, and how they will be assessed.
- A glossary – of all the key terms that your child will need to learn in order to do well in any Maths assessment.
- Revision pages – we have provided all of the answers, so you and your child can work through the booklet together and see which questions they are getting right and which ones they need to work on.
- Interactive –this revision guide continuously gets your child’s mind working in different ways to understand the basicnumbers and calculations. There is lots of space for children to write their answers and fill in their booklet!
Allow your child to excel in their maths lessons.
KEY STAGE 3:
Maths Is Easy – Numbers and Calculations Revision Guide
buy now only for only £9.99
FREE BONUS – 30-DAYS FREE KS3 EDUCATIONAL TESTING SUITE ACCESS
You will receive 30-days FREE ACCESS to our comprehensive online testing suite that will give you access to 100s of educational test questions to help prepare effectively for KS3 Maths and SATs exams! Plus, they are all available to access via any smart device, PC or MAC. After the 30 days free trial is over, the service is automatically charged at just £5.97 plus vat per month with no minimum term. You may cancel at any time by contacting us at info@how2Become.com. If you cancel before the 30-day trial is up, you will not be charged. See our terms and conditions for more details.