TRAIN DRIVER COURSE – 1-DAY RECRUITMENT TRAINING COURSE
Over 75% of students who attend this course go on to successfully pass the Train Driver selection process…
In the following video Richard McMunn explains what is involved in the 1-Day train driver course, what happens on the day, what you will learn and how it will help you to prepare for, and more importantly pass the entire selection process:
THE SELECTION PROCESS
During the course we will cover the selection process and help you to develop your skills in line with qualities you will be assessed against during selection.
STEP 1 – The Train Driver Application Form
During the application form stage of selection you will be asked a series of questions that are designed to see whether or not you have the right qualities and attributes to become a train driver. It is essential that you provide detailed evidence on the application form of your appropriate skills and qualifications.
STEP 2 – Psychometric Testing/Assessment Centre
Once you have successfully passed the application form stage you will normally be invited to attend an assessment centre where you will have to undertake the following:
- Psychometric tests;
- Group bourdon concentration test;
- Trainability for rules and procedures part 1 and 2 tests;
- A fast reaction and co-ordination test;
- The railway verbal communication exercise.
Once you have passed the assessments you will normally be invited to attend two interviews.
Please note: if you fail the psychometric tests twice you will not normally be permitted to apply for the train driver’s position again.
The Structured Interview and the Managers Interview
These interviews will assess your potential for becoming a train driver with the Train operating Company. The questions are usually based around the key skills such as:
- Your ability to remain calm under pressure;
- Your communication skills and team working abilities;
- How you handle large amounts of complex and technical information;
- An ability to concentrate for long periods.
Once you have successfully passed both sets of interviews you will be required to undergo a medical. The entire process can take many months and you will need a level of patience and determination if you are to succeed.
1-DAY TRAIN DRIVER COURSE
We regularly receive positive feedback from our students…
“Just a note of appreciation for an excellent and informative day spent @ The Capital Enterprise Centre on the ”How To Become A Train Driver’ course. Richard’s knowledge and expertise in the recruitment sector is second to none. In today’s highly competitive job market these courses are a must, definitely worth every penny. Hopefully now I’ll have the edge on the other candidates to achieve my goal. Everyone seriously chasing their dream career should attend. He’s a really cool guy and I cannot thank him enough.” Carol P, Nottingham
So, there you have it. Genuine feedback from very happy customers! There really is nothing to lose by attending the 1-day intensive course. It will give you both access to ‘inside’ information and a course tutor whose knowledge of the selection process is second to none!
This course has also been accredited by the Open College Network!
Course details :
• Understanding the role of a train driver and demonstrating the ‘assessable’ qualities.
• Completing the application form correctly in order to ensure success.
• Preparing for the psychometric tests.
• Preparing for both sets of interview including a mock interview.
• Rail recruitment information and where/how to apply.
Here are a few words from the Course Director:
I have an enormous amount of experience in helping people like you to realise their dream of becoming a train driver. In total I spent 17 years in the recruitment industry and have much success in preparing people for EVERY element of the trainee train driver selection process.
During this course you will learn a tremendous amount, including how to complete the application form accurately, how to prepare for the psychometric tests and you will even get to try out a mock interview. This REALLY is the most effective way to prepare for selection.
Come on this course and I guarantee you’ll be blown away by the ‘insider’ information that we give you.
Train driver recruitment expert
This 1-day intensive training course is ideal for anyone who wants to ensure that they are fully prepared to pass the selection process. The competition to join any Train Operating Company (TOC) as a train driver is tough and this course will go a long way to helping you increase your chances of success!
TOPICS COVERED DURING THE 1-DAY INTENSIVE COURSE
HOW TO APPLY AND PASS THE SELECTION PROCESS
- What the role of involves.
- How to demonstrate the assessable qualities throughout selection.
- How to complete the application form to ensure success.
- What the psychometric tests involve.
- Sample Trainability for Rules and Procedures test.
- Get to try a mechanical comprehension test.
- Lots of Group-Bourdon testing and an online testing resource to take away.
- How to be fully prepared for the testing day.
PREPARING TO PASS THE TRAINEE TRAIN DRIVER STRUCTURED AND MANAGER’S INTERVIEWS
- The difference between both sets of interviews.
- How to prepare effectively for the interviews to ensure success.
- The structured interview and how to answer the questions.
- How to demonstrate previous experience during the interviews.
- What the manager’s interview involves and how to pass it.
- Sample interview questions and responses.
- A mock interview demonstration – get to try the interview.
- How to answer the train driver interview questions.
- Useful aids for practising – you will receive sample tests!
- Trainee train driver recruitment details.
FURTHER COURSE DETAILS
The cost of the course
The total cost of the course is £87 plus vat. Once you have paid for your course you will receive confirmation of your booking and further course details in the post.
Location of the course
Capital Enterprise Centre, 70 Churchill Square Business Centre, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent. ME19 4YU.
You will receive details of the training venue location in your booking confirmation letter.
FREE PARKING! - There is ample FREE parking directly adjacent to the training course. You don’t have to pay a penny to park at our training venue.
The course will run from 9am until 5pm.
Teas/Coffees provided. There are shops located within a 10-minute walk of the training venue, or you can bring your own lunch if you prefer.
Details of the most cost-effective hotels nearest to the training venue will be supplied in your booking confirmation letter.
You can also download a training course FACT SHEET from HERE.
If your question is not answered then please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be more than pleased to help you.
1-DAY INTENSIVE TRAINING COURSE
ORDER WITH CONFIDENCE
100% SECURE PAYMENT PROCESSING
ALL MAJOR CARDS ACCEPTED
BOOK NOW ONLY £87 plus vat
For all enquiries/comments please contact us at: email@example.com
How2become is an HSBC Start-Up Stars National Finalist.