AIRLINE PILOT PSYCHOMETRIC TESTING – SAMPLE TEST QUESTIONS FOR YOUR PREPARATION
Includes sample test questions plus over 400 pages of downloadable testing guides and resources, all of which are perfect for your assessment preparation.
During nearly every airline selection process these days you will be required to complete several psychometric tests. As a current serving pilot I recommend you undertake the tests that are available at the bottom of this page during your preparation for the airline pilot psychometric testing assessment.
To begin with however, having personally successfully passed the tests it is important that I provide you with some useful information on how to tackle them.
WHAT ARE AIRLINE PILOT PSYCHOMETRIC TESTS?
Psychometric tests comprise: ability tests and personality tests and are a measure of general intelligence, attainment, aptitude, personality, attitudes, interests, values and motivators. They assess you against the airline pilot job requirements in terms of knowledge, skills, experience and personality.
ABOUT PSYCHOMETRIC TESTS
THERE ARE OVER FIFTY HUMAN ABILITIES, WHICH FALL INTO FOUR CATEGORIES:
- Cognition (verbal or numerical reasoning)
- Psychomotor (hand-eye co-ordination)
- Sensory (hearing, touch, taste, smell, sight)
- Physical (stamina and strength)
THE MAIN TESTS MEASURE COGNITIVE REASONING AND ARE TYPICALLY:
In order to get a feel for the types of test you will undergo, please read and absorb the following information.
- This test is designed to assess your English language skills.
- The test is multiple-choice in nature and in the real test you will have 5 options to choose from.
- The most effective way to prepare for this type of test is to practice sample questions under timed conditions.
- Other ways of improving your ability include carrying out crosswords, word searches or any other tests that require an ability to work with the English language.
- This type of test is used to determine how accurately you can carry out numerical addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and also interpret numerical information such as charts, graphs and tables.
- The test will also assess your ability to use fractions, decimals and different formulae.
- As you can imagine, the most effective way to prepare for this type of test is to carry out lots of sample numerical reasoning test questions, without the aid of a calculator.
- During the airline pilot psychometric testing assessment you will be required to sit a Mechanical Comprehension Test.
- This type of test is designed to assess and measure your ability to understand the relationship of physical forces and mechanical elements whilst they are being used during different types of practical situations and circumstances.
- It is not unsurprising that this type of assessment will be used during the airline pilot selection process; after all, an understanding of mechanical concepts is absolutely crucial to your ability to not only fly the aircraft safely, but also understand the principles behind flight.
- Those candidates who perform better in this type of test usually go on to successfully pass the airline pilot assessment centre.
SAMPLE MECHANICAL COMPREHENSION FOR PILOTS TEST QUESTION 1
Q. In the following image which weight is the lightest?
A. Block A
B. Block B
C. They both weigh the same.
The correct answer is C. Although block B is smaller, they are in fact the same weight, despite their size difference. This is simply because the bar which is pivoting on the fulcrum is level.
SAMPLE MECHANICAL COMPREHENSION FOR PILOTS TEST QUESTION 2
Q. If rope A is pulled in the direction of the arrow, which direction will Load Q travel?
Answer – The correct answer is C.
AIRLINE PILOT TESTS
This package includes a host of different books and information/testing resources…
- Mechanical comprehension testS
- Verbal ability tests
- Numerical testing
- Psychometric testing
- Speed, distance and time tests
- Fuel calculation tests
This digital pack includes unlimited access to the online testing facility. Contains scores of test questions which cover all of the different elements detailed within this page and tutorial.
As part of your package we will also send you a digital download version of our outstanding airline pilot interview questions and answers workbook.
This guide contains scores of sample interview questions and answers that have been created by serving airline pilot Lee Woolaston.
Airline Pilot Psychometric Testing Package - £19.97 plus vat per month
Add to cart More info