AIRLINE PILOT PSYCHOMETRIC TESTING – SAMPLE
TEST QUESTIONS FOR YOUR PREPARATION
During nearly every Airline selection process these days you will be required to complete several Psychometric Tests. As a current serving pilot I recommend you undertake the tests that are available at the bottom of this page during your preparation for the airline pilot psychometric testing assessment.
To begin with however, having personally successfully passed the tests it is important that I provide you with some useful information on how to tackle them.
What are Airline Pilot Psychometric Tests?
Psychometric Tests comprise: Ability Tests and Personality Tests and are a measure of general intelligence, attainment, aptitude, personality, attitudes, interests, values and motivators. They assess you against the Airline Pilot job requirements in terms of knowledge, skills, experience and personality.
There are over fifty human abilities, which fall into four categories:
- Cognition (verbal or numerical reasoning)
- Psychomotor (hand-eye co-ordination)
- Sensory (hearing, touch, taste, smell, sight)
- Physical (stamina and strength)
The main tests measure cognitive reasoning and are typically:
In order to get a feel for the types of test you will undergo, please read and absorb the following information.
- This test is designed to assess your English language skills.
- The test is multiple-choice in nature and in the real test you will have 5 options to choose from.
- The most effective way to prepare for this type of test is to practice sample questions under timed conditions.
- Other ways of improving your ability include carrying out crosswords, word searches or any other tests that require an ability to work with the English language.
- This type of test is used to determine how accurately you can carry out numerical addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and also interpret numerical information such as charts, graphs and tables.
- The test will also assess your ability to use fractions, decimals and different formulae.
- As you can imagine, the most effective way to prepare for this type of test is to carry out lots of sample numerical reasoning test questions, without the aid of a calculator.
- During the airline pilot psychometric testing assessment you will be required to sit a Mechanical Comprehension Test.
- This type of test is designed to assess and measure your ability to understand the relationship of physical forces and mechanical elements whilst they are being used during different types of practical situations and circumstances.
- It is not unsurprising that this type of assessment will be used during the airline pilot selection process; after all, an understanding of mechanical concepts is absolutely crucial to your ability to not only fly the aircraft safely, but also understand the principles behind flight.
- Those candidates who perform better in this type of test usually go on to successfully pass the airline pilot assessment centre.
In order to help you during your preparation, take a look at the following sample mechanical comprehension test question for pilots:
sample mechanical comprehension for pilots test question 1
Q. In the following image which weight is the lightest?
A. Block A
B. Block B
C. They both weigh the same.
The correct answer is C. Although block B looks to be lighter, they are in fact the same weight, despite their size difference. This is simply because the bar which is pivoting on the fulcrum is level.
Now try the following mechanical question which is based on pulley systems.
sample mechanical comprehension for pilots test question 2
Q. If rope A is pulled in the direction of the arrow, which direction will Load Q travel?
The correct answer is C.
In order to help you prepare for your Airline Pilot Psychometric Testing assessment, we have put together the following package which consists of practice materials which are very similar to the tests you will be required to go through during your assessment.
The airline pilot psychometric testing assessment centre
package – includes online testing facility and over 400-pages
of downloadable testing books
This digital pack includes unlimited access to the online testing facility. Contains scores of test questions which cover all of the different elements detailed within this page and tutorial.
As soon as your order is placed we will send you your login details to the airline pilot psychometric testing suite immediately. You can then start to practice on your own computer immediately.
includes over 400 pages of downloadable testing guides and resources, all of which are perfect for your assessment preparation.
This package includes a host of different books and information/testing resources…
- Mechanical comprehension tests – over 100 pages.
- Verbal ability tests – over 250 pages.
- Numerical testing – over 170 pages.
- Psychometric testing – 200 pages.
- Speed, distance and time tests – 100 pages.
- Fuel calculation tests – 100 pages.
once you download the airline pilot psychometric testing
package and online tests you will also receive the following
free extra special bonus book
FREE BONUS- AIRLINE PILOT INTERVIEW
This 100+ page workbook will teach you how to prepare for and pass the Technical and Non-Technical interviews for becoming an airline pilot.
As part of your package we will also send you a digital download version of our outstanding airline pilot interview questions and answers workbook. This guide contains scores of sample interview questions and answers that have been created by serving airline pilot Lee Woolaston.