HOW TO BECOME A PARAMEDIC
In the following video Richard McMunn explains the benefits of the book
and how it will help you to become a Paramedic:
The paramedic selection process is regulated by the Health Professions Council (HPC). The HPC sets out clear standards of proficiency for those wishing to complete a programme leading to application to join the HPC Register of professionals.
Part of the selection process for assessing a candidate’s suitability will involve an interview. The purpose of the interview is to see whether you:
- Possess the personal, intellectual and presentational qualities suitable to become a Paramedic Practitioner.
- Have the ability to accomplish the academic and professional requirements of the programme.
- Display an understanding of the demands of studying at university.
- Meet the standards required for entry to the programme applied for.
- Display a commitment to developing subject knowledge, skills and understanding in order to be able to care for patients in the pre-hospital environment.
- Display a commitment to becoming a competent safe professional Practitioner.
- Communicate clearly in written and spoken Standard English.
The Paramedic Selection Criteria
You can expect that the interview will assess all of the following areas:
i. Intellectual ability and personal and presentational qualities
You will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your enthusiasm for paramedic practice and would be likely to adopt a positive approach to work. The particular qualities that the assessors will be looking for include:
- clear speech
- positive demeanour
- the capacity to be an effective member of a team
- good communication skills
- ability to get on with people
- a caring attitude
- a genuine liking for and understanding of caring for sick patients
- an ability to analyse questions and issues
- an ability to give clear, thoughtful answers to questions
ii. Professional awareness and a commitment to a future career
You will be expected to have well thought out ideas on why you wish to enter a career in Practice. Previous experience of health care is not usually necessary but you should have a good understanding of the knowledge, concept and skills of the subject area and the capacity to articulate your understanding. If you have planned to gain experience after the interview you should let you interviewers know.
iii Academic Awareness
Success on a course depends on you being able to commit to academic and professional demands and for this reason you should be able to demonstrate clearly an understanding of the academic rigours of this course and how you will ensure assessment deadlines are met.
Interviewers will expect candidates to have a basic understanding of the theoretical experience that will be gained during this programme and how that might enable your practice experience.
You should also remember that an interview is a two way process and that you should treat the interview as an opportunity to ask the assessors questions. It is important that you make the right choice of programme.
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU
We have created a powerful guide that will provide you with insider information on how to pass the selection process.
The guide and the DVD are literally packed full of quality tips and advice on how to complete the application form, how to pass the paramedic tests and also contains sample paramedic interview questions and answers.
main product features
- The Top 10 Insider Tips and advice on how to pass the application process.
- 240 pages of powerful tips and advice.
- In-depth knowledge to prepare you for your career in the Ambulance Service.
- Free ‘How To Get Fit’ information guide.
- A 60-minute duration Interview’ DVD!
TESTIMONIAL FROM SERVING PARAMEDIC
“I have been a paramedic for over 25 years and I am the co-author of the ‘How 2 Become A Paramedic’ guide. Within this guide; myself and Richard have not only provided you with recent successful application form responses but we have also included the interview questions.
This guide is a real MUST for anyone who wants to become either a paramedic or an emergency care assistant.
I only wish this guide was available when I joined!”
Serving Paramedic and Instructor NHS Trust
240-PAGE GUIDE AND INTERVIEW DVD
Topics and information included within this guide include:
HOW TO PASS THE SELECTION PROCESS
- Completing the paramedic application form to ensure success
- Sample application form responses that have actually been successful.
- The Top 10 Insider Tips and advice brought to you by serving recruitment staff.
- How you can easily beat the competition to land a job.
- The criteria for joining the Ambulance Service.
- How to prepare for the assessment centre and test questions.
- Sample test questions to help you in your preparation.
- Map reading skills and exercise.
- Actual paramedic interview questions.
- How to answer the interview questions including sample responses to use.
- Sample interview question responses.
- Dictation Exercise.
- How to pass the lifting and handling tests.
- How to prepare for the driving assessment.
IN-DEPTH INFORMATION AND ADVICE TO PREPARE YOU FOR YOUR CAREER
- Paramedic training and what to expect.
- How the NHS Ambulance Service operates.
- Entry requirements for joining the NHS Ambulance Service Trust.
- Training and what you will go through.
- Salary and benefits.
- Opportunities within the service for career progression.
- Useful NHS trust contacts.
- What your training will involve.
- Manual handling skills.
Plus many more pages of essential information...
When you order you will receive the following free bonuses:
A FREE 150-PAGE ‘INTERVIEW SKILLS‘ EBOOK GUIDE
FOR A LIMITED PERIOD ONLY we are able to give you a FREE 150-page ‘Interview Skills’ guide.
This highly inspiring and informative guide contains over 50 sample interview questions and responses and also provides key tips on how to pass any job interview. The guide itself will be sent to you via email within seconds of your purchase being made. This means that you can start preparing for the paramedic selection process straight away.
A FREE FITNESS INFORMATION GUIDE
Within the How To Join The Royal Navy book we have provided you with an information guide that shows you how to pass the Royal Navy fitness test.
This guide includes tips and advice on how to prepare for, and pass the Royal Navy pre-joining fitness test. Within the ‘How To Get Navy Fit’ information guide there are exercises for everyone and you don’t have to attend a gym to take part.
ONLINE PARAMEDIC TESTING SUITE – GET30-DAYS FREE ACCESS!
You will instantly receive 30-days FREE access to our awesome online suite that contains hundreds of sample paramedic tests. After the 30 days free trial is over the service is automatically charged at just £4.95 plus vat per month with no minimum term. See our terms and conditions for more details.