HOW TO COMPLETE THE FIREFIGHTER APPLICATION FORM
THE FIREFIGHTER APPLICATION FORM
- Most people do not think of this, but it is a good idea to photocopy your application form once you receive it so that you can have a practice run before completing the real thing.
- A lot of people who apply to join the Fire Service fail at this stage because they do not read the instructions and carry out exactly what is required.
- You need to set aside plenty of time when preparing your responses to the application form questions.
- Remember to make sure that you have a copy of the firefighter PQAs next to you when completing the form. Read the form at least twice in a quiet room away from any distractions.
- What is the form asking for? Does it ask you to describe, detail or give examples? These are all key words and clues that you must focus on when responding to the questions.
- Does the form ask you to complete it in black or blue pen or even in capital letters? If it does, then make sure you comply, as even this minor attention to detail can be the difference between a pass and a fail.
It is crucial that your application form is concise, easy to read, neat, and completed in all the relevant sections. Take your time to complete a solid application. If you have the time, spend a week completing the form and answer the assessable questions in draft first before committing pen to paper.
If you are completing an online application then complete your responses in draft first using notepad or a similar tool.
You may find that the firefighter application form includes a pre-application checklist. This is quite straightforward to complete and usually involves a tick box section.
THE FIRST CHECKLIST INVOLVES QUESTIONS SUCH AS:
Are you prepared to:
- Work at height?
- Work in enclosed spaces?
- Work outdoors?
- Get wet during your work?
- Get hot / cold whilst working?
- Carry heavy equipment?
- Work unsociable hours?
- Work in situations where you may see blood, seriously injured, or dead people?
- Deal sensitively with people in difficult situations?
- Work with a diverse range of people (e.g. of different ages, ethnic backgrounds etc.)?
WHEN YOU ORDER, YOU WILL RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING FREE BONUS:
Plus 30-days FREE ACCESS to the Firefighter online testing suite. Thereafter, just £5.95 per month. No minimum term. You may cancel anytime. Cancel before the 30-days are up and you will not be charged. Online suite access on PC, MAC and mobile devices.
Firefighter Application Form Questions and Answers Workbook
Add to cart More info
How To Complete The Firefighter Application Form DVD
Add to cart More info