HOW TO PASS A NUMERICAL CONCENTRATION TEST
Numerical Concentration Tests are used by many employers to measure a candidate’s attention to detail. In particular, they are used by train companies, to establish the potential of applicants. These tests will examine your ability to concentrate and produce effective results, whilst under timed pressure. They will often go hand in hand with other recruitment tests, such as visual search exercises, inductive and verbal reasoning. Therefore, prior to your examination, it is highly important that you are prepared for the type of questions you will encounter. In this guide, we will provide you with helpful tips, sample questions and vital information on how you can improve your chances of passing the exam.
A typical question might look like this…
- Look at the four pairs of alpha-numerical digits. Circle or highlight the combination pair that does not match.
In this question, the third row reads, ‘t8gm7’ and ‘t8g7m’. All of the other pairs match, and therefore you would shade in, or bracket (as we have) the third row to indicate this.
SAMPLE NUMERICAL CONCENTRATION TEST
In order to give you a better understanding of what a numerical visual comparison test involves, we have included a free sample question sheet below, along with the answers to each question. We hope you find it useful.
1. Look at the four pairs of alpha-numerical digits. Circle or highlight the combination pair that does not match.
Once you have filled in the questions, check your answers below
TIPS FOR PASSING NUMERICAL CONCENTRATION TESTS
Here at How2Become, we have created a fantastic guide that supplies you with all of the information you will need to pass your Numerical Concentration Test. As mentioned, the best way to pass these tests is through constant practice. Our guide contains hundreds of sample questions, which will allow you to do so. This includes:
- A breakdown of Numerical Concentration, what it is used for and how employers gauge your results.
- Hundreds of question and answer sheets, which will help you to practice the types of questions you will encounter in any future exams. The more you practice, the more likely you are to gain a position as a train driver, or with any other company that uses this testing format.
- Varying degrees of difficulty and question type. These range from shorter numerical, all the way up to longer, mixed letter/numerical type questions.
- More useful tips and guidelines for the best way to improve your Numerical Concentration skills.
PLUS – FREE ONLINE TRAIN DRIVER TESTS
BONUS – 30-DAYS FREE TRAIN DRIVER ONLINE TESTING SUITE ACCESS.
As an additional bonus, you will receive 30-days FREE ACCESS to our professional online testing suite which will equip you with sample tests that will help you prepare fully for all train driver and concentration related assessments. After your 30 day free trial ends the service is automatically charged at a mere £5.95 + vat per month month with no minimum term. You can cancel at any time by contacting us at: [email protected] See our terms and conditions for more details.
How2Become.com is the UK’s leading careers information website. We go to extraordinary lengths to find the right information for our products. This product has been designed by How2Become and is a training aid to help you prepare for tests of a similar nature, such as tests that assess your concentration. How2Become is not working in association with any third party.
Numerical Concentration Tests (NCT) Workbook
Add to cart More info
Numerical Concentration Tests - Immediate Download
Add to cart More info