KEY STAGE 2: ENGLISH IS EASY – PRACTICE PAPERSIs your child ready for their English SATs? Do you want to ensure they are fully prepared for their English exams? Then look no further! Here at How2Become, we have created the COMPLETE guide to assist your child during their English SATs. Packed full of sample questions for both the grammar, punctuation and spelling papers, and the reading and comprehension paper – this is a guide guaranteed to improve your child’s English ability.
WHAT WILL I BE ASSESSED ON?During the English SAT, you will be required to undertake the following papers:
- Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling paper;
- Spelling paper;
- Reading and Comprehension paper.
MAKING THE MOST OUT OF REVISIONYour child needs to be competent and confident to undergo their SATs. That is why, here at How2Become, we have created several English Is Easy guides to ensure your child reaches their maximum potential. We all know how stressful exam times can be, but with a little help, and interactive resources, we feel that your child will walk into their exam feeling able to cope with the pressures of the exam. Like I mentioned above, we have created other revision guides to help you and your child through the exam process. Take a look at our Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling guide, and our Reading and Comprehension guide. Both these guides break down each element of the English SAT, which will allow your child to fully understand and engage with different topics discussed.
HOW TO MONITOR YOUR CHILD’S PROGRESSIONBelow we have provided you with some key points which you should consider when monitoring your child’s progression. Remember, it is important to keep track of how well your child is doing in their revision sessions, to ensure that they are ready for their assessments.
- The optimum way to monitor your child’s progression before their English examinations, is to use practice papers to determine whether or not they are improving.
- Although you do not want to bombard your child with testing papers, giving your child a few practice papers leading up to their SATs will allow them to progress at a steady speed.
- Instead of cramming in loads of practice a couple of weeks before your child’s exam, you should try spreading these out across a few months. That way your child will feel more relaxed, which will enable them to increase their learning over a steady period of time.
- Ultimately, the more practice that your child endures, the better results they will achieve in their SATs.
- We strongly advise that you work through a practice paper with your child, to find out what they struggle with. You can then work on those weaker areas to ensure they are bettered. You can test their progression by giving your child the same questions to practice with, and see whether they have learnt how to work them out. If they have, then move on to the next weak area. If not, continue working on those questions until they master them. Do this for each of their weak areas, until they feel fully competent in tackling all the questions.
|GRAMMAR, PUNCTUATION & SPELLING|
|Demonstrate good use of grammar, and showing understanding of the context in which it was written.|
|Demonstrate a good use of English vocabulary.|
|Understand the importance of Standard English.|
|Understand different literary techniques such as metaphors, similes, irony etc.|
|Understand the difference between verbs, adjectives, nouns, adverbs etc.|
|Understand the different punctuation marks used, and what they mean.|
|READING & COMPREHENSION|
|Demonstrate a good ability to read a text and pick out key information.|
|Understand the different writing styles including fiction, non-fiction, plays and poetry.|
|Understand the importance of the works of Shakespeare and how he influenced English writing.|
|Being able to interpret the text in a particular way.|
|Analyse key phrases and words.|
|Understand why the author has used something in a particular way.|
KEY STAGE 2 ENGLISH IS EASY – PRACTICE QUESTIONS
PRACTICE QUESTIONS – ANSWERS
THE MORE YOU PRACTICE, THE MORE yOU’LL SUCCEED! ACHIEVE 100%!
KS2 English is Easy: Practice Papers Sets 1 & 2
Add to cart More info