POLICE Officer INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS – COMPETENCIES FOR THE ASSESSMENT CENTRE AND FINAL INTERVIEW
The interview is one of the hardest stages of the police selection process. Therefore, you want to do everything in your power to ensure that you do not fail. If you have successfully made it this far in the application process, then you owe it to yourself to pass the final hurdle to becoming a police officer.
We will supply you with an awesome workbook that will teach you how to answer the interview questions in order to gain very high marks. It is packed full of tough interview questions and answers that cover the current competencies.
3 IMPORTANT TIPS TO HELP YOU START ON YOUR PREPARATION:
When you start to prepare for the interview, you first need to study the person specification, the job description, and the core competencies.
- The assessors will want to see evidence of where you have already matched the core competencies that are relevant to the role for which you are applying;
- One of these will undoubtedly be the ability to stay calm under pressure. It is your task to think of an example whereby you can show how you completed a difficult task whilst under time constraints.
Can you think of one?
The great thing about this guide is that it will give you sample interview questions. More importantly, it will tell you how to answer them. Here’s an example of a tough interview question:
At the police officer interview, you may get asked a question that relates to community awareness and diversity. The question could go something like this:
ATTENTION: Download your FREE Essential Police Officer Interview checklist below!
In the following short video, Richard McMunn explains how this guide will help you to prepare for, and more importantly pass the interview first time.
About this book…
- Consists of the type of questions you will likely get asked, and guidance on how to answer them;
- All the regular police core competencies covered in this up-to-date guide;
- Key areas that you need to research;
- Written by a former serving Officer who has 17 years in the job;
- Actual sample police officer interview questions and sample responses!;
- Split into two halves, this guide contains questions for BOTH the ASSESSMENT CENTRE and the FINAL INTERVIEW!
Old Core Competencies
This online test resource covers the following core competencies, which are crucial for passing the police selection process.
- Public Service
- Openness To Change
- Service Delivery
- Decision Making
- Working With Others
Met Core Competencies
- Emotionally Aware
- Taking Ownership
- Working Collaboratively
- Deliver, Support and Inspire
- Analyse Critically
- Innovative and Open Minded
PLEASE NOTE: If you’re applying to a constabulary that uses the Met police core competencies please check out our guide for the brand new assessment centre!Met Police ASSESSMENT CENTRE BOOK
How to Prepare for the Interview
- Areas which you have to study and research before you attend the interview;
- Researching the police officer job description and person specification;
- How to match the core competencies;
- Creating the right impression at the police officer interview;
- Key preparation tips and advice;
- What the interview panel assessors want to see and hear from you;
- Overcoming nerves on the day of your interview.
Interview Questions and Responses
- Lots of sample interview questions and tips on what they are looking for;
- How to respond to the interview questions;
- Understanding the interview format to ensure success;
- Guidance and interview training on how to answer each question;
- Actual responses to the questions;
- How to answer tough questions;
- Final ‘essential’ hints and tips on how to pass the interview process!
When you order you will receive the following free bonus;
Plus 30-days FREE ACCESS to the police online testing suite. Thereafter, just £5.95 per month. No minimum term. You may cancel anytime. Cancel before the 30-days are up and you will not be charged. Online suite access on PC, MAC and mobile devices. See our terms and conditions for more details.
Police Officer Interview Questions and Answers Workbook
Add to cart More info
Police Officer Interview Questions and Answers Workbook - Immediate Download
Add to cart More info