PASS THE FIREFIGHTER SELECTION PROCESS AT THE FIRST ATTEMPT!
The selection process for becoming a firefighter is tough. However, if you arm yourself with the right information, and the right practice materials, then your chances of passing will skyrocket.
On this page, you will find details of how to become a firefighter including tips on how to pass the firefighter selection process at the first attempt.
If you want to join the fire service and become a firefighter, then you will need to pass the tough selection process. Our comprehensive guide and DVD have been written by a Fire Officer with 17 years experience in the job.
THE ROLE & STRUCTURE WITHIN THE SERVICE
You will need to be aware of the different roles each person plays within the Fire Service. Each position along the chain holds a level of responsibility, which will vary according to the Fire Service that you decide to join. A brief description of each role is outlined below:
- FIREFIGHTER – Responsible for operational fire fighting duties and responding to incidents as required. Also responsible for carrying out Community Fire Safety work as required.
- CREW MANAGER – Usually the person in charge of a fire engine but, again, he or she may work in other specialised areas such as training, community fire safety or technical fire safety.
- WATCH MANAGER – Watch Managers can be either in charge of a watch or a fire engine. They can also work in specialised roles such as Technical Fire Safety or Community Fire Safety and even training.
- STATION MANAGER – Station Managers can be the person in charge of a watch, a fire station, or even a group of fire stations depending on the Fire Service in question.
THE SHIFT PATTERN AND SALARY
You will be required to work a set shift pattern. This ensures that the Fire Service can provide operation cover for incidents 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
As an operational firefighter you can expect to work a routine similar to the following:
2 x Day shifts – 0900 hours (9 am) until 1800 hours (6 pm) Followed by – 2 x Night Shifts – 1800 hours until 0900 hours Followed by – 4 rest days During the 4 ‘rest days’ you will be able to recover from the operational demand of your shift in preparation for the following duty period.
During your shift you’ll be expected to carry out a number of duties, which include the following:
- Attend operational incidents;
- Carry out Community Safety work;
- Carry out training in preparation for incidents;
- Maintain the readiness of all operational equipment, which includes testing and cleaning;
- Conduct familiarisation visits of high-risk premises.
The salary usually increases each year. You can find out the exact salary by visiting the website www.fbu.org.uk.
Free Bonus Items
WHEN YOU ORDER YOU WILL RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING FREE BONUSES:
For a limited period only we are able to give you our awesome 150-page ‘Interview Skills’ guide free of charge.
This 150-page guide is a MUST HAVE resource for anyone who is going to apply for the Fire Service. This guide has been written by a former serving Fire Officer with over 17 years experience.
It is the perfect guide to help you prepare for the comprehensive interview and includes 50 answers to tough interview questions! The guide will be sent to you via email within a few seconds of your order being placed.
This FREE guide has been specifically designed to show you how to get as fit as the UK’s firefighters. It is packed full of fitness tips and advice to help you pass the work related fitness tests.
Please note – Access details to the Fitness guide is contained within the back of your Firefighter guide. The Interview Skills Guide will be sent to you via email within seconds of your order.
Do you want to know when your Fire Service is RECRUITING NEXT?
If the answer is yes, then you need our FREE ‘Firefighter Job Alert’ service. YOU get to find out first when jobs arise anywhere in the UK.
To save you the hassle of scouring the Internet /newspapers everyday in search for firefighter posts, we will do it for you for the first 30 days absolutely free!
After the 30 days free trial is over the service is automatically charged at just £4.95 plus vat per month with no minimum term. You may cancel at anytime. If you cancel before the free 30-days are up, you will not be charged. See our terms and conditions for more details.
How To Become A FireFighter Guide + Interview DVD
Add to cart More info
Firefighter Gold Pack
Add to cart More info
Firefighter Platinum Pack
Add to cart More info