PASS THE POLICE ROLE PLAY IN 2019
One of the toughest and most feared parts of the police officer recruitment process are the interactive exercises otherwise known as the ‘role play’.
Our insider’s DVD has been produced with a current serving police officer to ensure you know what is required, how you will be scored during this part of the process, and more importantly, how to increase your chances of scoring high marks.
AT THE ASSESSMENT CENTRE
As part of the process of applying to become a police officer, various areas of your ability will be tested and assessed. At your first interview, for example, aspects of your personality will be assessed in order to determine whether you have the right skills to become a police officer.
The role play section is designed to test your ability to handle different situations. Again the aim is to see how you would perform against a typical day-to-day scenario that a police officer would come up against. It is another way to test the core skills needed to become a police officer.
THE ROLE PLAY/INTERACTIVE EXERCISES EXPLAINED
- Typically there are 4 role play tests each placing the candidate in a different scenario;
- Each of the exercises is split into 2 parts, the preparation phase and the activity phase;
- Each role play will start with a five minute preparation;
- In total you will spend 20 minutes undertaking various different role play scenarios;
- The aim of the role play exercise is to test how well you respond to and deal with situations you are presented with;
- The scenarios are typically set up in a corridor with six rooms leading off it;
- Written instructions for each role play will be found outside the door of each room;
- 4 of the rooms are used for the role play scenarios and the other two are for you to have a quiet few minutes to think back on how you have performed so far;
- In the scenario rooms, there will be an assessor who is just there to observe and assess you and a role player.
THE ROLE PLAY STAGES
THE PREPARATION PHASE
The preparation phase will last around 5 minutes for each of the 4 scenarios. You will be given the actual scenario on a piece of paper and have 5 minutes to consider how you will deal with this and respond in this situation.
You are allowed to take notes during this and use them during the activity so use this time wisely. Once the preparation phase has been completed, you will then be taken to the activity room.
THE ACTIVITY PHASE
During this phase you will spent 5 minutes interacting with a role play actor based on the scenario you have been given.
You might, for example, be called to make a report of an elderly lady who has dementia and who has gone missing while shopping. Inside the room you will be required to interview her relative who was out for the day with her.
- The assessor will be in the room to mark how well you demonstrate the competencies required;
- The actor is trained to ensure that they respond in a certain way to ensure consistency;
- You can refer to your notes made in the preparation phase, but you are not allowed to write anything down.
6-STEP STRATEGY FOR SUCCESS
1. Ensure you study the ‘Welcome pack’ prior to attending the assessment as the equality policy statement will provide details about how to deal with situations.
2. After the ‘preparing phase’, enter the activity phase by walking into the room, introduce yourself to the actor and ask them what the problem is and how you can help.
3. Listen to what they are saying and show that you can understand their point of view and where they are coming from.
4. Start by asking questions to gain an understanding of what has happened. Then confirm with the actor that the information you have acquired is correct (very important).
5. Inform the role play actor what action you intend to take to resolve the situation.
6. Ensure that they are happy with the resolution that you have proposed, and provide them with a summary.
INSIDE THE POLICE OFFICER ROLE PLAY DVD AND BOOK
The ‘How To Pass The Police Role Play’ DVD will provide you with sample mock role play scenarios and a thorough demonstration on how to tackle them.
Gain the edge over other candidates by learning how to pass this section from those that have already been successful.
Here’s a brief summary of what you will get when you purchase your copy of the DVD today:
- 3 sample mock role play scenarios;
- In-depth explanations from an expert tutor on how to handle the situation;
- How to deal with a confrontational role actor and how to remain calm under pressure;
- A final interview with an expert tutor on how to pass!;
- How the scoring works and how to ensure you score highly;
- Explanations on how to prepare yourself effectively for the role play;
- What areas you need to research and the topics you should learn;
- How to compose yourself during the assessment centre;
- Different role play scenarios that are used the by police.
When you order you will receive the following free bonus;
Plus 30-days FREE ACCESS to the police online testing suite. Thereafter, just £5.95 per month. No minimum term. You may cancel anytime. Cancel before the 30-days are up and you will not be charged. Online suite access on PC, MAC and mobile devices.
How to Pass the Police Role Play DVD
Add to cart More info
Police Role Play Gold Pack
Add to cart More info
Police Role Play Download
Add to cart More info