DO YOU WANT TO JOIN THE ARMY?
Within this awesome resource, we have provided you with everything you need to successfully pass the Army selection process. The content has been created in conjunction with Army careers office recruitment staff to bring you the very best insider information.
Before you begin the Army selection process it is essential you understand the core values required in order to become a British Army soldier.
As a soldier, you will be highly trained and you will be able to carry out your tasks both professionally and competently. However, if the Army did not have a set of core values and it did not have control of its people, then things could soon go wrong. As a soldier, it can be a difficult task balancing the aggression of combat with the self-discipline that is required to perform under immense pressure.
THE ARMY SELECTION PROCESS
The Army selection process is designed to test your suitability to life within the Army. It can be a difficult process if you don’t prepare and can be a nerve-wracking one too. But the rewards of a career with the British Army are exceptional. A good salary, the chance to travel, and also work as part of one of the most professional and respected organisations in the world make it all worthwhile.
Whether you decide to pursue a career in IT/communications, healthcare, logistics, combat, or engineering, you can be certain that your career in the British Army will be rewarding and immensely satisfying.
The Army selection process for regular soldier consists of:
- STEP 1 – Make contact with the Armed Forces Careers Officer (AFCO). Submit your application for joining the Army as a soldier. (Note: you are not committed at this point)
- STEP 2 – Army aptitude tests and AFCO interview.
- STEP 3 – Attend the Army Development & Selection Centre (ADSC).
- STEP 4 – Medical and further checks.
- STEP 5 – Offer of employment and initial training.
Our online resources are both packed with essential tips on how to complete a successful application, how to pass the Army tests, how to answer the Army interview questions, and also how to approach the ADSC.
One of the most important things to consider when applying to join the Army is that you need to gain as high a score as possible on the assessment centre tests. The higher you score; the more Army job opportunities you will have at your disposal.
The main purpose of the tests is to assess which jobs you are most suited to. Therefore it is important that you obtain high scores. The higher your scores the more career options you will have.
the British Army values
The values of the British Army are as follows:
- Selfless Commitment – putting other people before you.
- Courage – facing up to danger and doing what is right at all times.
- Discipline – being able to maintain constant high standards, so that others can rely on you.
- Integrity – earning the respect and trust of your work colleagues.
- Loyalty – being faithful to your work colleagues and to your duty.
- Respect for others – treating others with decency and respect at all times.
THE ARMY SCORING CRITERIA
Whilst carrying out our research to create the How To Join The Army guide and interview resources we have even managed to obtain the scoring criteria for the entire Army selection process. This exclusive content is contained within your guide.
Here are two important tips to help you get started:
In order to become a British Army Soldier, you will need to be fully prepared and focused. As with any selection process for any job or career you need to prepare yourself fully. We believe that you should carry out as much research as possible about the Army and your chosen career or trade.
When you decide to apply to join the Army you need to understand what the job is about and how it will affect your life, both professionally and socially. The British Army is looking for people who are professional, flexible, committed, and motivated along with being an effective team player.
You will be required to sit a number of tests and exercises throughout the selection process, including tests that assess your physical fitness. Again, you must prepare for every eventuality. The Army will require you to run a set distance (1.5 miles) within a set time and the only way to prepare for this is to practise, practise and practise some more!
The British Army prides itself on its great ability to operate as a team unit.
Try to think of the best football teams in the country. Those that are the most successful are not the ones that have one or two great players, but the ones that have the best overall team. The ability to work as part of a team is essential, and you will be assessed on this throughout the Army selection process.
Within the Army you will be required to work in a team environment every day in order to carry out tasks both small and large. Whether you are working as an Aviation Support Specialist or a Chef, you will need to have very good teamwork skills. Although team skills will be taught during your training, you will still need to demonstrate that you have the potential to become a competent team member throughout the selection process. It is far better if you have experience of working as part of a team prior to joining the Army. If you play a form of team sports then this is even better. There are many definitions of the word ‘teamwork’ but the one that we believe sums it up most effectively is:
The process of working effectively with a group of people in order to achieve a goal.
HERE’S WHAT YOU WILL LEARN FROM RICHARD:
- How to complete the ACA application correctly and how to approach each stage of the selection process;
- How to prepare effectively for the Army interview;
- How to choose the right career path for you;
- How to maximise your ACT test scores;
- How to score highly during your interview.
TOPICS INCLUDED WITHIN OUR ONLINE RESOURCES
HOW TO JOIN THE BRITISH ARMY SELECTION PROCESS
- Essential tips and advice on how to pass Army selection including the scoring criteria.
- Preparing effectively for the Army selection process and what you need to do.
- Completing the ACA application correctly and how to approach selection.
- Choosing the right career/trade for you and making sure your test scores are high.
- Making contact with the Army Careers Office and creating the right impression.
- How to ensure you meet the assessable area of turnout and presentation.
HOW TO PASS THE ARMY TESTS INCLUDING SAMPLE TEST QUESTIONS FOR YOU TO TRY
- How to pass the Army selection tests.
- Loads of sample test questions.
- Reasoning test examples very similar to the actual test.
- Number reasoning test questions with lots of samples and explanations.
- Selecting the odd-one-out test questions.
- The Distance Number Test and sample questions.
- Additional practice test questions to help you.
HOW TO PASS THE ARMY INTERVIEW
- How you will be assessed and scored during the Army interview.
- Tips on how to increase your interview scores.
- How to prepare effectively for the Army interview.
- The interview scoring criteria.
- Lots of Army interview questions.
- Sample responses to the interview questions that you can copy!
FREE BONUS ITEMS
Place your order today and you will receive the following free bonuses:
ARMY FITNESS GUIDE
- Specifically designed to show you how to prepare for the army fitness test;
- How to plan your workouts in order to reach your peak physical performance;
- Get fully fit without having to be a member of a gym.
Value £9.97, Yours FREE
Army Aptitude Testing Suite
- 30-days free access to the army aptitude online testing suite;
- Thereafter, this service is charged automatically at just £5.95+vat per month;
- No minimum term;
- You may cancel anytime by contacting [email protected];
- If you cancel before the 30-days are up you will not be charged.
Value £7.14, Yours FREE
INTERVIEW SKILLS GUIDE
- 150+ pages of insider tips to improve your interview skills;
- Contains all of the most common interview questions, plus detailed sample responses;
- The perfect guide to help you prepare for the tough army interview!
Value £9.97, Yours FREE
[Online Access] British Army SILVER Pack
Add to cart More info
[Online Access] British Army GOLD Pack
Add to cart More info