DO YOU WANT TO JOIN THE RAF (ROYAL AIR FORCE)?
We will supply you with a comprehensive guide and interview videos that cover every element of the RAF selection process.
From how to pass the Airman Test through to sample RAF interview questions and answers, this online resource has it all!
APPLICATION FORM & INITIAL INTERVIEW AT THE ARMED FORCES CAREERS OFFICE
The first stage of the RAF recruitment process is to submit your application. However, before you get to this stage it is important to speak to an Armed Forces RAF Careers advisor about the options that are available to you and also about life within the RAF. You can find details of your nearest Armed Forces RAF Careers Office by visiting the Royal Air Force website www.raf.mod.uk. On the website you will also find plenty of information about life in the RAF and the careers that are available. You should also discuss your choice of career with your family and with your partner to ensure that they give you their full support.
Once you have decided that a career in the RAF is for you then it is time to make your application. Remember, you are at no obligation to join until you sign your contract.
THERE ARE TWO WAYS IN WHICH YOU CAN APPLY
1. The first and most efficient method is to apply online at the website www.raf.mod.uk.
2. The second option is to complete the application form at your Armed Forces RAF Careers Office.
You will need to first of all register your details with the RAF before commencing your online application which usually takes approximately 45 minutes to complete. There are a number of different sections that you must complete including personal details, any experiences you have of the Armed Forces, details relating to your qualifications and finally information about your choice of RAF career.
The application form is relatively simple to complete, however, there are a number of questions where you will need to provide evidence of your suitability for joining. For example, there will be questions that relate to your physical fitness and your involvement in sports and other similar activities. There will also be the opportunity to tell the RAF about any positions of responsibility you currently hold either at school, at home or at work. Whilst most of these questions are optional we would advise that you provide some brief details about any responsibilities you have held, or that you currently hold, as this will assist you in your application.
APPLICATION FORM, RAF AIRMAN TESTS & INITIAL INTERVIEW AT THE ARMED FORCES CAREERS OFFICE
During your preparation for joining the Royal Air Force we recommend you learn the RAF values and also the ethos statement. When the RAF recruitment officer at the Armed Forces Careers Office asks you “What have you learnt about the RAF?”, you will be able to tell him or her that you have taken the time to learn these important values and also what they mean. To help you get started, the values of the RAF include:
- Having self-respect and being respectful of others
- Having integrity which means being responsible, honest and courageous;
- Having physical courage, loyalty, commitment and being able to work as part of a team during your service
- Having personal excellence, being proud and self-disciplined.
The most effective way to memorise the values is to simply remember the word ‘RISE’:
R = Respect
S = Service
E = Excellence
In addition to a set of values the RAF also has what is called an ‘ethos’ statement. This is basically a statement of how it intends to go about its business.
During the initial stages of the RAF recruitment process you will be required to sit what is called the Airman/Airwoman Selection Test or AST as it is otherwise called. It consists of a number of different aptitude tests, which are designed to assess which careers in the RAF you are most suited to. There are many different RAF career based opportunities available and each one requires a different level of skill. The AST consists of seven timed multiple choice aptitude tests as follows:
- A verbal reasoning test (15 minutes to answer 20 questions);
- A numerical reasoning test (4 minutes to answer 12 questions that are based on fractions, decimals and formulae and during the second test 11 minutes to answer 15 questions that relate to different graphs and tables);
- A work rate test (4 minutes to answer 20 questions);
- A spatial reasoning test (4 minutes to answer 10 questions);
- A mechanical comprehension test (10 minutes in which to answer 20 questions);
- An electrical comprehension test (11 minutes to complete 21 questions)
- A memory test (10 minutes in which to answer 20 questions).
At some stage during the RAF recruitment process you will be required to sit at least one interview.
The questions that will be presented during the interview will predominantly focus on the following key areas:
- The reasons why you want to join the RAF.
- Your motivations for joining and the level of preparation you have carried out.
- What you already know about the RAF, how it operates, its equipment, Squadrons, where it is serving right now and also its history.
- Why you want to join the RAF and why you have chosen your particular trade.
How you respond to the RAF interview questions is very important. Here’s a sample RAF interview question:
HOW TO PASS THE RAF SELECTION PROCESS
- Essential insider tips on how to pass the Royal Air Force selection process with high grades.
- Information about the history of the RAF and why it is important to learn it.
- The Royal Air Force selection process and the most effective way to pass it.
- Making the initial contact with the RAF careers office and how to create the right impression.
- How to prepare for the Royal Air Force Pre-Joining Fitness Test and sample exercises that are designed to improve your fitness levels.
- Selecting the right references and also how to create an effective CV.
HOW TO PASS THE RAF AIRMAN TEST INCLUDING SAMPLE TEST QUESTIONS
- Mechanical and electrical comprehension tests including answers to the questions.
- Numeracy tests and information on how to prepare for this important element of the RAF Airman test.
- Numerical reasoning test examples with answers.
- Verbal reasoning test examples.
- Work rate tests.
- Spatial reasoning tests and also a section dedicated to the RAF Memory test.
HOW TO PASS THE RAF INTERVIEW INCLUDING SAMPLE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
- Preparing to take the Royal Air Force interview.
- How to answer all of the interview questions.
- Sample interview questions that have been previously asked during the RAF interview.
- Answers to all of the interview questions.
- Top interview tips and advice.
- How you will be scored and assessed during the Royal Air Force interview.
- Tips on how to score high and pass the interview.
FOR A LIMITED PERIOD ONLY we are able to give you our awesome 150-page ‘Interview Skills’ guide free of charge when you order ‘How To Join The Royal Air Force’.
This guide has been written by a former serving armed forces member with over 17 years experience in successfully passing interviews. It is the perfect guide to help you prepare for the tough RAF interview! The guide will be sent to you via email within a few seconds of your order being placed.
Within the ‘How To Join The Royal Air Force’ book we have provided you with a FREE ‘How To Get RAF Fit’ information guide designed to help you get fit and pass the RAF Pre-Joining Fitness Test.
This guide includes many useful tips, advice and exercises that have been designed to help pass the RAF fitness test with relative ease.
Within the ‘How To Get RAF Fit’ guide are exercises for everyone and you don’t have to be a member of a gym to take part.
When you order your product you will automatically receive 30-days FREE ACCESS to our awesome RAF Airman Testing Suite.
You will instantly receive an email containing an username and password that entitles you to use this powerful testing suite where you can try out sample tests that are very similar to the actual RAF Airman Test!
After the 30-day free trial is over the service is automatically charged at just £5.95 plus vat with no minimum term. See our terms and conditions at the bottom of the page.
You will get FREE 30-days access to hundreds of RAF Airman tests that will help you achieve success during the actual test!
[Online Access] Royal Air Force Silver Pack
Add to cart More info