BECOME A FIREFIGHTER IN 2014
PASS THE SELECTION PROCESS AT THE FIRST ATTEMPT!
If you want to join the fire service and become a firefighter then you will need to pass the tough selection process. Our comprehensive guide and DVD have been written by a Fire Officer with 17 years experience in the job.
THE ROLE & STRUCTURE WITHIN THE SERVICE
You will need to be aware of the different roles each person plays within the Fire Service.Each position along the chain holds a level of responsibility, which will vary according to the Fire Service that you decide to join. A brief description of each role is outlined below:
Firefighter - Responsible for operational firefighting duties and responding to incidents as required. Also responsible for carrying out Community Fire Safety work as required.
Crew Manager - Usually the person in charge of a fire engine but, again, he or she may work in other specialised areas such as training, community fire safety or technical fire safety.
Watch Manager - Watch Managers can be either in charge of a watch or a fire engine. They can also work in specialised roles such as Technical Fire Safety or Community Fire Safety and even training.
Station Manager - Station Managers can be the person in charge of a watch, a fire station, or even a group of fire stations depending on the Fire Service in question.
ABOUT THE FIREFIGHTER RECRUITMENT PROCESS
The selection process covers a number of different elements that are designed to assess your ability to perform the role of a Firefighter.
STEP 1 – The Application Form
- The pre-application check-list and the application form are the first stages of selection.
- During the form you will be required to fill in your personal details and also answer questions that are based around the personal qualities and attributes that are relevant to the role.
- You will be required to provide evidence of where you meet the PQA’s.
- This is where the vast majority of applicants fail, simply because they are unable to provide suitable evidence.
STEP 2 – The Firefighter Tests
The written tests may vary between different Fire Services but those that form part of the National Firefighter Selection Process include:
- Situational awareness and problem solving;
- Understanding information;
- Working with numbers.
Some Fire Services may use different forms of written tests including psychometric testing and group discussions.
The Physical Tests
The firefighter physical tests, which form part of the National Selection Process, are designed to assess whether you have the physical strength and fitness to carry out the demanding role of a firefighter.
The tests themselves will assess three key areas:
1. Your overall level of fitness.
2. Your strength and manual dexterity.
3. Your levels of confidence.
THE SHIFT PATTERN AND SALARY
You will be required to work a set shift pattern. This ensures that the Fire Service can provide operation cover for incidents 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
As an operational firefighter you can expect to work a routine similar to the following:
2 x Day shifts – 0900 hours (9 am) until 1800 hours (6 pm)
Followed by – 2 x Night Shifts – 1800 hours until 0900 hours
Followed by – 4 rest days
During the 4 ‘rest days’ you will be able to recover from the operational demand of your shift in preparation for the following duty period.
During your shift you’ll be expected to carry out a number of duties, which include the following:
- Attend operational incidents;
- Carry out Community Safety work;
- Carry out training in preparation for incidents;
- Maintain the readiness of all operational equipment, which includes testing and cleaning;
- Conduct familiarisation visits of high-risk premises.
The salary usually increases each year. You can find out the exact salary by visiting the website www.fbu.org.uk.
FIRE OFFICER RICHARD MCMUNN TESTIMONIAL
I spent 17 years in the Fire Service rising to the rank of Assistant Divisional Officer. During my time in the job I sat on many interview panels assessing people like you to join the Fire Service. I have also marked application forms and I know EXACTLY what it takes to pass.
I am the author of the ‘How To Become A Firefighter’ guide and interview DVD and I give you my guarantee that it will tell you exactly what YOU need to know in order to join the fire service at your first attempt!
I just wish this kind of INSIDER guide was available when I joined.
Kent Fire Officer for 17 years
Here’s what you will learn from Richard:
Do you want to get to the front of the queue and beat the competition?
- How to pass the Fire Service selection process and become a firefighter.
- Find out how the Fire Service scores and assesses candidates – TOP SECRET!
- Learn how to get a job on a starting salary of almost £30,000 a year.
- Insider tips and advice from a person who know what he is talking about.
- PLUS A FREE fitness information guide.
- PLUS A FREE 150-Page ‘Interview Skills Guide’ for firefighters.
This in-depth professional guide and interview DVD is packed out with insider tips and advice brought to you by current serving firefighters. Here’s a snapshot of what’s included:
HOW TO PASS THE FIREFIGHTER SELECTION PROCESS
HERE’S WHAT ELSE IS INCLUDED WITHIN THE GUIDE AND DVD…
- A comprehensive firefighter application form section to get you started.
- Sample application form responses that you are permitted to COPY on your form!
- How to prepare for the firefighter tests and what the assessors are looking for.
- Sample understanding information tests, working with numbers tests and situational awareness and problem solving tests.
- How to prepare properly for the tough firefighter interview including the scoring criteria.
- Sample interview questions and responses that you can use during your interview.
- How to respond to the interview questions in order to BEAT THE COMPETITION.
- The Fire Service medical – what it involves and how to prepare.
- Useful Fire Service aids and resources for practicing.
- Useful Fire Service recruitment contact details.
Don’t just be prepared, be FULLY prepared
Plus, essential Fire Service information to widen your knowledge about the role.
- Networking for women in the Fire Service NWFS.
- Your Fire Service training and ‘The Integrated Personal Development System’.
- You will learn all about community fire safety which will assist you during the interview.
- Smoke alarms, Home Fire Safety Checks and why the Fire Service offers them for free.
- Attending property fire and different types of rescues.
- The role of the firefighter whilst attending road traffic collisions.
- The tools and equipment that you will operate during firefighting incidents.
- Your Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and breathing apparatus.
- Chemical incidents, explosions and people trapped in buildings.
PLUS 3 SPECIAL FREE BONUSES!
And when you order Richard’s exclusive insider’s guide you will receive the following 3 BONUSES ABSOLUTELY FREE!
BONUS 1 – THE 150-PAGE INTERVIEW SKILLS GUIDE
For a limited period only we are able to give you our awesome 150-page ‘Interview Skills’ guide free of charge.
This 150-page guide is a MUST HAVE resource for anyone who is going to apply for the Fire Service. This guide has been written by a former serving Fire Officer with over 17 years experience. It is the perfect guide to help you prepare for the comprehensive interview and includes 50 answers to tough interview questions! The guide will be sent to you via email within a few seconds of your order being placed.
BONUS 2 – A FREE ‘FIREFIGHTER FITNESS’ INFORMATION GUIDE
This FREE guide has been specifically designed to show you how to get as fit as the UK’s firefighters. It is packed full of fitness tips and advice to help you pass the work related fitness tests.
(Please note – The Fitness guide is contained at the rear of your guide. The Interview Skills Guide will be sent to you via email within seconds of your order.)
BONUS 3 – 30-DAYS FREE JOB ALERTS SERVICE!
Do you want to know when your Fire Service are RECRUITING NEXT? if the answer is yes then you need our FREE ‘Firefighter Job Alert’ service. YOU get to find out first when jobs arise anywhere in the UK. To save you the hassle of scouring the internet/newspapers everyday in search for firefighter posts, we will do it for you for the first 30 days absolutely free! After the 30 days free trial is over the service is automatically charged at just £4.95 plus vat per month with no minimum term. See our terms and conditions for more details.
Be the first to know when the Fire Service are recruiting!
ORDER FROM ONLY £10.97 TODAY AND RECEIVE 3 EXTRA BONUSES!
“Don’t forget – within this guide I will give you sample interview questions!”
Kent Fire Officer for 17 years.
BUY NOW FROM ONLY £12.97 (plus p+p)
ORDER WITH CONFIDENCE
Your order comes with a full 10-day money-back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied then we will refund your payment.
100% SECURE PAYMENT PROCESSING.
All Major Cards Accepted.
All orders are dispatched within 24 hours.
SPECIAL PRICE OFFER
Was £17.95…NOW ONLY £12.97!
OPTION 1: PACK DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR
FIREFIGHTER GUIDE + 3 BONUSES
OPTION 2: GET YOUR PACK AS AN INSTANT DOWNLOAD
Fire Service Recruitment guide + 3 Bonuses Download
OPTION 3 – GOLD PACKAGE
‘How To Pass The Firefighter Interview’ DVD +
‘How 2 Become A Firefighter’ guide +
‘Firefighter Application Form’ DVD +
The ‘Fire Service Fitness Test’ MP3
OPTION 4 – THE PLATINUM KIT
THE ULTIMATE RESOURCE FOR PASSING THE SELECTION!
The Platinum Kit is an outstanding collection of DVD’s and Workbooks all designed to take you through the entire UK application and interview process. When you order this exclusive pack you will receive the following:
‘How To become A Firefighter’ 208 page guide + Bonuses
‘How To Complete The Firefighter Application Form’ DVD
‘Interview Skills’ 150-page book created by a Fire Officer
‘How To Pass The Firefighter Interview’ DVD
‘How To Pass The Firefighter Written Tests Booklet
‘The Fitness Test’ Audio CD
Total package value = £110.00
SPECIAL OFFER PRICE
• For all enquiries/comments please contact us at: email@example.com
How2become is an HSBC Start-Up Stars National Finalist.
How2become Ltd, Suite 2, 50 Churchill Square Business Centre, Kings Hill, Kent. ME19 4YU