HOW TO BECOME A PCSO (POLICE COMMUNITY SUPPORT OFFICER)
Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs)Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs) perform a fantastic public service for their local community. Whilst it has been debated regarding the effectiveness of their job position in communities, there is no doubt that PSCOs represent a more visible presence from the police on our streets.The emphasis for the UK Police Force is to ‘engage’ with local communities. This cannot be achieved by police officers alone, and therefore PCSOs play a pivotal role in acting as the link between communities and the police force itself.
PCSOs are more commonly involved in work such as:
- Providing a visible and reassuring presence within communities;
- Attending incidents of social disorder, nuisance and anti-social behaviour;
- Dealing with community issues such as littering and dog fouling;
- Investigating abandoned vehicles;
- Gathering evidence through observations;
- Helping with missing persons enquiries;
- Speaking to young people who might be drunk and causing problems;
- Conﬁscating alcohol and tobacco;
- Crowd control and directing traffic at public events;
- Helping direct traffic at roadblocks or scenes of accidents;
- Assisting police with recording names and addresses or door-to-door enquiries.
main product features
- Essential career tips and professional advice about how to pass the PCSO selection process;
- A 200-page book and DVD which extensively covers every element of the selection process; including application form tips, and interview questions;
- In-depth knowledge to help you prepare for your PSCO career;
- Information on how to prepare for the PCSO fitness test;
- Essential career advice to help you succeed as a PCSO;
- A 150-page ‘Interview Skills’ guide;
- A 60-minute DVD on how to pass the PCSO interview;
- Insider tips from serving Community Support Officers;
- Comprehensive guidance about EVERY element of the PCSO selection process.
HERE’S WHAT ELSE IS INCLUDED IN YOUR BOOK AND DVD:
HOW TO PASS THE PCSO SELECTION PROCESS
- Professional advice regarding how to complete the PCSO application form;
- Sample application form answers that you can use to develop your own application form;
- Top 10 PCSO insider tips and advice;
- Tips on how to avoid common pitfalls that most people make during the selection process;
- Sample PCSO interview questions with professional sample responses;
- Sample role play exercises and insider tips on how to pass your interview;
- Advice on how to pass the role play exercises;
- The criteria for joining as a Police Community Support Officer;
- Sample test exercises;
- In-depth explanations on how to understand the core competencies of equality and fairness;
- Useful aids to assist you during your preparation period;
- UK contact details and how to apply to become a PCSO.
IN-DEPTH KNOWLEDGE TO PREPARE YOU FOR YOUR CAREER
- How and where to apply to become a PCSO;
- About the career;
- Why you should become a Police Community Support Officer;
- Your training and probationary period;
- The take home salary and benefits;
- Community policing and what it involves;
- Crime and disorder reduction partnerships;
- Promotion and opportunities.
HOW TO PASS THE PCSO INTERVIEW
- A comprehensive 60-minute DVD that shows you how to pass the interview stage;
- Information and advice on how to match the important PCSO core competencies;
- Exclusive insider tips on how to answer the 4 competency-based questions with relative ease;
- Guidance on how to prepare for the interview;
- Sample mock interviews to help you succeed;
- Final insider tips from a successful candidate.
Plus many more pages of essential information...
When you order you will receive the following free bonuses:
A FREE FITNESS INFORMATION GUIDE
A 150-PAGE ‘INTERVIEW SKILLS’ GUIDE
30 DAYS ACCESS TO PCSO RECRUITMENT
Order our 200-page ‘HOW TO BECOME A POLICE COMMUNITY SUPPORT OFFICER’ today, and receive free bonuses!