POLICE COMMUNITY SUPPORT OFFICERS (PCSO)
Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs) perform a fantastic public service for their local community. Whilst it has been debated regarding the effectiveness of their job position in communities, there is no doubt that PSCOs represent a more visible presence from the police on our streets.
The emphasis for the UK Police Force is to ‘engage’ with local communities. This cannot be achieved by police officers alone, and therefore PCSOs play a pivotal role in acting as the link between communities and the police force itself.
Police Community Support Officers are uniformed staff whose role is primarily to support the work of police officers. They assist the police in areas which demand a certain level of police presence, but does not necessarily require the expertise of a trained police officer. An example of this would be in a predominantly rural location where the crime rate is low, yet a presence is still required for situations such as anti-social behaviour and minor occurrences of criminal damage.
Prior to the introduction of the role of a PCSO, this type of work would be the responsibility of police officers. Whilst police officers still become involved in these types of incidents when required, they are now free to carry out more effective tasks in line with their expertise and job position.
PCSOS ARE MORE COMMONLY INVOLVED IN WORK SUCH AS:
- Providing a visible and reassuring presence within communities;
- Attending incidents of social disorder, nuisance and anti-social behaviour;
- Dealing with community issues such as littering and dog fouling;
- Investigating abandoned vehicles;
- Gathering evidence through observations;
- Helping with missing persons enquiries;
- Speaking to young people who might be drunk and causing problems;
- Conﬁscating alcohol and tobacco;
- Crowd control and directing traffic at public events;
- Helping direct traffic at roadblocks or scenes of accidents;
- Assisting police with recording names and addresses or door-to-door enquiries.
HERE’S WHAT ELSE IS INCLUDED IN YOUR BOOK AND DVD:
- Professional advice regarding how to complete the PCSO application form;
- Sample application form answers that you can use to develop your own application form;
- Top 10 PCSO insider tips and advice;
- Tips on how to avoid common pitfalls that most people make during the selection process;
- Sample PCSO interview questions with professional sample responses;
- Sample role play exercises and insider tips on how to pass your interview;
- Advice on how to pass the role play exercises;
- The criteria for joining as a Police Community Support Officer;
- Sample test exercises;
- In-depth explanations on how to understand the core competencies of equality and fairness;
- Useful aids to assist you during your preparation period;
- UK contact details and how to apply to become a PCSO.
- How and where to apply to become a PCSO;
- About the career;
- Why you should become a Police Community Support Officer;
- Your training and probationary period;
- The take home salary and benefits;
- Community policing and what it involves;
- Crime and disorder reduction partnerships;
- Promotion and opportunities.
- A comprehensive 60-minute DVD that shows you how to pass the interview stage;
- Information and advice on how to match the important PCSO core competencies;
- Exclusive insider tips on how to answer the 4 competency-based questions with relative ease;
- Guidance on how to prepare for the interview;
- Sample mock interviews to help you succeed;
- Final insider tips from a successful candidate.
Free Bonus Items
WHEN YOU ORDER, YOU WILL RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING FREE BONUSES:
A FREE FITNESS INFORMATION GUIDE
The guide has been specifically designed to show you how to become as fit as the UK’s Police Community Support Officers. This essential guide, which is included free of charge in the ‘How To Become A Police Community Support Officer’ book, will teach you how to plan your workouts, in order to maximise your athletic potential and pass the PCSO fitness tests. Within the guide there is something for everyone. What’s more, the exercises within this guide can be performed anywhere, so you don’t have to be a member of a gym to follow it successfully.
A 150-PAGE ‘INTERVIEW SKILLS’ GUIDE
FOR A LIMITED PERIOD ONLY, we are able to give you our awesome 150-page ‘Interview Skills’ guide, free of charge when you order the guide ‘How 2 Become A Police Community Support Officer’. This guide has been written by an interview expert with over 17 years experience of successfully passing job interviews. This wealth of professional expertise makes it the perfect guide to help you prepare for the tough PCSO interview! The guide will be sent to you via email within a few seconds of your order being placed.
30 DAYS ACCESS TO PCSO RECRUITMENT TESTING SUITE
You will receive 30-days FREE ACCESS to our professional online testing suite. Within this suite, you can benefit from a wide range of sample tests which are similar to the assessments you will need to undertake! After your 30 days free trial, the service is automatically charged at just £5.95 plus vat per month with no minimum term. See our terms and conditions for more details.
Order our 200-page ‘HOW TO BECOME A POLICE COMMUNITY SUPPORT OFFICER’today, and receive free bonuses!
How to Become a PCSO Book + Police Interview DVD
Add to cart More info
How to Become a PCSO - Immediate Download
Add to cart More info
The PCSO Platinum Pack
Add to cart More info