WANT TO BECOME AN AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER?
If you want to become an Air Traffic Controller then this comprehensive 150-page download guide will show you how. Full of essential tips and advice, the How To Become An Air Traffic Controller is the only guide you need to secure this highly sought after career. This guide will provide you with essential information on how to pass the selection process.
THE ROLE OF AN AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER
Air Traffic Controllers have a large degree of responsibility and are responsible for the traffic in airspace. It is a job that requires an ability to work effectively under pressure and also one that requires a high level of organisational skills. Let’s take a look at some of the key tasks carried out by our Air Traffic Controllers:
- Responsible for maintaining keeping radio and radar contact with aircraft;
- Being able to move and direct the aircraft whilst they travel to and from airports both at home and internationally;
- Giving specific instructions to aircraft so as to direct them to a required altitude so to avoid collision and to maintain an organised airspace;
- Giving permission for aircraft to either land or take-off;
- Supplying pilots with details of current and forecast weather conditions;
- Organising aircraft so that a safe distance is maintained between them at all time, both on the ground and in air;
- Dealing with emergencies, unscheduled traffic and events that are unexpected in a controlled and calm manner.
There are, of course, many other different elements to the role of an Air Traffic Controller and the selection process/training for the job reflects the high standard of candidate that is required to perform the role competently.
AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER SELECTION PROCESS
The selection process for an Air Traffic Controller is rigorous and will normally consist of the following elements: 1. An ability to meet the minimum eligibility requirements for the role. 2. A application form that assesses the key qualities and competencies required to become an Air Traffic Controller; 3. A number of aptitude tests to assess your mental and reasoning ability, including spatial awareness; 4. A number of interviews which are usually structured in nature. The interview panel will be looking for you to provide evidence of where you can meet some of the key elements/qualities of the role.
NEVER PAY UP FRONT FOR ANY AVIATION COURSE
Candidates for the FI Course must meet the following requirements:
- Valid UK or JAR (Joint Aviation Requirements) Pilots licence which must include a valid SEP (land) class rating or valid Single Engine Type rating.
- JAR/EASA CPL theoretical knowledge examinations (or ATPL).
- If only holding a PPL, must have at least 200 hours of flight time of which 150 hours must be PIC (Pilot in Command).
- A total of 30 hours on SEP (Single Engine Piston) aircraft of which 5 hours shall be in the last six months preceding the pre-entry flight test.
- A total of 10 hours Instrument flight instruction of which 5 hours may be in a Flight simulator or FNPT.
- A total of 20 hours of cross country flying as PIC including a flight of at least 540km (300nm) in the course of which a full stop landings at two aerodromes different to the departure aerodrome.
- Pass a specific pre-entry flight test with a FIC Instructor within six months preceding the start of the course.
WHEN YOU ORDER YOU WILL RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING FREE BONUSES:
Within the ‘How To Pass Your Interview’ guide we have provided you with information pages to help you pass any job interview including your interview for becoming an air traffic controller.
Plus 30-days FREE ACCESS to the Psychometric online testing suite. Thereafter, just £5.95 per month. No minimum term. You may cancel anytime. Cancel before the 30-days are up and you will not be charged. Online suite access on PC, MAC and mobile devices.
[col span="6" span__md="12"] [ux_price_table title="" price="$23.35" featured="true" color="light" depth="2" depth_hover="4"]
How to Become an Air Traffic Controller Download
Add to cart More info [/ux_price_table] [/col] [col span="6" span__md="12"] [ux_price_table title="" price="$102.6" featured="true" color="light" depth="2" depth_hover="4"]
Air Traffic Controller Platinum Package
Add to cart More info [/ux_price_table] [/col]