CSSE 11+ TEST
SAMPLE TEST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FOR THE 11+ ESSEX GRAMMAR SCHOOL ENTRY TEST
The CSSE Essex 11+ Test is designed for children who are looking to apply for a place at one of the ten Grammar schools that are part of the consortium of selective schools in Essex.
The Maths test is designed to test the skills pupils will have been learning at school in key stage two.
This revision guide serves as a way of familiarising students with the types of questions they will be asked in the exam and also contains a whole host of helpful advice for parents and children alike. It also contains three practice papers to complete along with answers and explanations.
About The CSSE 11+ Test
In their final year of primary school (Year 6), pupils may take an 11+ assessment in order to ascertain whether or not they are suited to a grammar school.
- Colchester County High School for Girls.
- Colchester Royal Grammar School.
- King Edward VI Grammar School.
- Shoeburyness High School.
- Southend High School for Boys.
- Southend High School for Girls.
- Bernard’s High School for Girls.
- Thomas More High School for Boys.
- Westcliff High School for Boys.
- Westcliff High School for Girls.
USING OUR HOW2BECOME CSSE ESSEX TEST MATHS GUIDE
Any pupil who wishes to apply for one of the following schools will be required to sit the CSSE 11+ test.
The test itself consists of a Maths paper and an English paper.
The Maths paper consists of one hour long paper with various types of Maths questions. It will likely cover topics such as:
CSSE Essex 11+ Test MATHS Guide
Our revision guide contains three example practice papers based on the types of questions children will be asked in the real exam, as well as hints and tips on how best to prepare for it.
It will provide children with a solid understanding of what to expect from the exam. It will also give a clear guide as to the kind of skills and questions they are confident with as well as an insight into the types of things that require a little bit more practice to perfect. The answers at the end of each section will give an indication as to how well your child is performing.
It will enable your child to practice all the essential skills and techniques that will be measured during the 11+ examinations.
WITHIN THIS GUIDE, YOU WILL FIND:
- An Introduction to your guide;
- Revision Tips for Parents;
- Useful Hints and Tips for children;
- An Introduction to the structure of the test;
- Example questions to explain the formats;
- Practice questions and papers for your child to work through;
- Answers and explanations to them.
The following calculation has one digit missing. Where there is a question mark, find the digit that completes the calculation.
Work out the missing number that completes this fraction calculation.
The following image is of an unfolded dice. Indicate how many dots will be on the opposite side to the four dots when the dice is folded.
CSSE Essex 11+ Test Maths
Add to cart More info
CSSE Essex 11+ Test Maths Download
Add to cart More info