GCSE MATHS IS EASY HIGHER
AN ESSENTIAL GUIDE FOR PASSING MATHS IN A FUN AND EASY WAY!
Welcome to your guide GCSE Maths is Easy guide – the complete guide to complement your GCSE mathematical learning. This guide can be used alongside the new national curriculum, and ensures you are fully prepared for your GCSE exams.
MATHS MADE INTERESTING!
When people think of maths, they instantly think tedious, difficult, uninteresting. However, this book guarantees learning techniques that will not only make maths more bearable to learn, but guarantees correct answers every time! This book is all about realistic and interesting facts that are used to display maths in a fun and interesting way! You will come across questions regarding:
- Real sunken treasure ships;
- The secrets of mazes;
- Number of bones in the human body;
- Life on Mercury;
- Chinese tales;
- French and Italian menus;
- Mayan birthdays.
Example Maths Questions and Answers
Match the boxes from the top row to the bottom row that have the same value. The first one has been done for you.
The wind speed which Emperor penguins deal with can reach up to a strong wind (mph) of:
One third of 267
Change this number from its standard index form to its actual number.
1.6 x 10³
Did you know that this is approximately the weight (in lbs) of a fully grown polar bear?
Work out 138.72 to 3 s.f.
Did you know this is the approximate height (in metres) of The Great Pyramid of Giza?
Answer to Question 1
Your answer should look like this:
• 3⁄8 = 21⁄56
• 1⁄6 = 9⁄54
• 6⁄7 = 12⁄14
• 2⁄3 = 26⁄39
• 3⁄4 = 57⁄76
Answer to Question 2
• 267 ÷ 3 = 89
Answer to Question 3
Answer to Question 4
• To find 3 s.f. you need to look at the first three numbers (138)
• Using the first number after the decimal point, you will decide whether the unit will be rounded up or down. The number after the decimal point is (7) which means we round up.
MATHS IS EASY HIGHER: GUIDE CONTENTS
The Maths is Easy HIGHER fun and interesting testing guide contains:
- TIPS – top tips for passing the tests including what you should do and what you should try to avoid.
- UNUSUAL METHODS – our book contains unusual methods that you may not have come across before. We have done this on purpose! We have provided you with these somewhat unorthodox methods because we know one thing for sure: they work, and they keep things fun and engaging!
- 100’s OF QUESTIONS – the workbook purposely provides you with lots and lots of sample questions for you to get your head around, and to ensure your maths is bettered and fully comprehend how to tackle each question type.
- DIFFERENT COMPONENTS OF MATHEMATICS – the book provides a range of different types of questions that allow you to use different mathematic formulas. For example, questions based on percentages, fractions, ratios, mean values and data interpretations etc.
- FUN FACTS – this book contains maths calculations to some of the weirdest and most fascinating facts!
- A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE! – This guide is packed with all the information, advice and questions you will need to make maths easy!
When you order you will receive the following free bonus;
Plus 30-days FREE ACCESS to the GCSE online testing suite. Thereafter, just £5.95 per month. No minimum term. You may cancel anytime. Cancel before the 30-days are up and you will not be charged. Online suite access on PC, MAC and mobile devices.
Pass your GCSE Maths Higher Tier exam with ease. Trusted by 10,000s of customers worldwide.
Did you know? All orders with How2Become are protected by our 30-day money-back guarantee. What ever the reason…or no reason at all…you can have your money back if this resource isn’t right for you (see our terms for full details).