RAF Airman Tests (AST) – Questions & Answers
Learn how to pass the RAF Airman Test with high scores with our exclusive resource that contains sample test questions VERY similar to the real test.
When you apply to join the RAF as an airman or airwoman you will be required to undergo a rigorous selection process. Part of that process requires you to sit the RAF Airman Test at the local Armed Forces Careers Office.
The test itself consists of a number of different questions including mechanical comprehension, memory testing, electrical comprehension, spatial reasoning and numerical and verbal reasoning test questions.
About the Royal Air Force Airman/Airwoman Selection Test
Before we tell you more about how our resource will help you to pass the RAF selection process, let’s first recap on what the airman test actually involves.
- During the initial stages of the RAF selection process you will be required to sit what is called the RAF Airman Test or AST as it is otherwise known.
- It consists of a number of different aptitude tests, which are designed to assess which careers in the RAF you are most suited to.
- There are many different career opportunities available and each one requires a different level of skill.
Some careers in the RAF will require you to score higher marks than others. For example, if you want to become an Aircraft Technician then you will need to gain very high scores, especially during the more technical elements of the test such as electrical comprehension. The pass mark for the RAF Airman Test is only known by the RAF and during your preparation you should focus on improving your scores by carrying out lots of practice questions.
Sample RAF Airman Test Questions
To help you get a better understanding of the RAF Airman test, let’s take a quick look at a few sample questions.
A block and tackle refers to a device which is used to:
- A. Place under the wheel of a car to stop it from rolling backward
- B. Catch large fish
- C. Leverage a stationary object
- D. Hoist an object upwards by means of rope and pulleys
The answer to this question is D. A block and tackle is used to hoist upwards heavy objects. This is something you will use during your career in the RAF.
Which man is carrying less weight?
- A. X
- B. Y
- C. Both the same
The answer to this question is man X. This is because the majority of the weight is towards the front of the pole; therefore, man Y is carrying most of the weight.
What is the voltage across the battery?
C = 7V
The circuit contains two elements that share the voltage. Therefore, the overall voltage of the battery is as follows: 3.5 + 3.5 = 7V.
The above examples are very similar to the actual tests that you will undergo during the RAF Airman test.
If you want to gain the highest scores possible then it is crucial that you carry out lots of practice with sample questions in the build-up to your test.
MAIN PRODUCT FEATURES
- 100s of sample test questions to help you get ready for the AST.
- Questions that are guaranteed to be very similar to the ones you will actually sit during the real Royal Air Force selection test.
- Advice and tips included that have been written by a former member of the Armed Forces.
- Written in conjunction with currently serving RAF Air Technicians.
- Up-to-date and relevant for the 2020 selection tests.
- Mechanical and electrical comprehension test questions.
- Lots of verbal reasoning and numerical reasoning questions which include graphs, charts, fractions and decimals.
- Memory tests that are the same as the real RAF Tests.
- Work rate test questions with spatial reasoning included.
Free Bonus Items
WHEN YOU ORDER YOU WILL RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING FREE BONUS:
When you order you will automatically receive 30-days FREE ACCESS to our awesome RAF Online Testing Suite where you can try out sample tests instantly on your PC, MAC or smartphone that are very similar to the actual RAF Airman Test!
After the 30-day free trial is over the service is automatically charged at just £5.95 plus vat with no minimum term. Cancel before your 30-day trial is up and you won’t be charged. See our terms and conditions at the bottom of the page for more details.
RAF Airman Tests Download
Add to cart More info