The Royal Navy Interview Questions and Answers
A career with the Royal Navy is undoubtedly a fascinating one. If you have made it through to this stage of the selection process then you will not want to fail. More importantly, you will want to achieve high enough marks to get you the career of your choice.
Imagine knowing the type of questions that you’re going to get asked during the interview and how to answer them – well now you can with this comprehensive 100+ page guide!
THE ROYAL NAVY SELECTION INTERVIEW AND HOW TO PASS
During the Royal Navy selection process you will be required to sit a number of interviews depending on the choice of career you make. The interviews are usually held at your local Armed Forces Careers Officer and will be undertaken with a member of the Royal Navy recruitment team. The duration of the interview will very much depend on your responses to the questions. However, you can expect the interview to last for approximately 30 minutes.
- The reasons why you want to join the Royal Navy and why you have chosen this service over the Army and the Royal Air Force;
- What choice of career you are most interested in, the reason for choosing that career, and the skills you have to match the role;
- What information you already know about the Royal Navy, its history, its lifestyle and training;
- Information relating to your hobbies and interests including sporting/team activities;
- Any personal responsibilities that you currently have at home, in your education or at work;
- Information about your family and your partner and what they think about you joining.
- Information based around your initial application;
- Your experience of work and education;
- Your emotional stability and your maturity;
- Your drive and determination to succeed.
- Having a positive reaction to a disciplined environment and towards people in positions of authority.