In this blog we will teach you how to be super-confident in an interview! We are contacted everyday by individuals asking us for help and advice on how to overcome nerves and be confident in their interviews so they can pass at the first attempt.
To help you pass your interview at the first attempt, we will cover the following two things in this tutorial:
#1. We will tell you the 5 EASY STEPS you must follow to instantly become SUPER-CONFIDENT in your interview! These steps will make a massive difference to your performance!
#2. We will give you a brilliant example answer to the interview question, “TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF”, which will go a long way to boosting your confidence levels and put you across as a great match for their team.
5 EASY STEPS YOU CAN FOLLOW TO BECOME SUPER-CONFIDENT IN YOUR INTERVIEW!
STEP #1 IS TO PUT YOUR FEARS INTO PERSPECTIVE.
Remember, an interview is just a MEETING between you and a potential employer to assess whether you are suitable for them, and they are suitable for you. Too many candidates become fearful of the interview; they make it bigger than it actually is, and they end up losing all self-confidence.
Start thinking of your interview as a MEETING with a potential employer and your nerves will start to reduce, whilst your confidence levels increase.
STEP #2 FOR BEING SUPER-CONFIDENT IN AN INTERVIEW IS TO WEAR A SMART OUTFIT.
Research has proven that people who wear a suit or professional looking outfit to an interview are taken more seriously by the hiring manager.
- When you wear a suit, you stand out from the competition.
- It makes you more noticeable and enhances your personality.
- And because you instantly look more professional when you wear a suit, people value your opinions more.
- Wear a smart outfit to your interview, and your confidence levels will go up even more!
STEP #3 IS TO MAKE A BRILLIANT FIRST IMPRESSION AT YOUR INTERVIEW.
If your interview gets off to a positive start, it gives you the confidence to give outstanding answers to the questions. If you want to make a brilliant first impression at your interview, do the following 5 things:
1. Arrive 10 minutes before the interview scheduled start time.
2. Be polite to the receptionist. The hiring manager will ask them how you acted when you first entered the building.
3. Sit down in the reception area and read over your resume and the job description.
4. When you are called for your interview, smile, give a firm handshake, and don’t sit down in the interview chair until invited to do so.
5. When answering the interview questions, maintain even eye contact with the interviewers.
Follow those 5 important tips and your confidence levels will grow even more!
RULE #4 – TAKE THINGS WITH YOU TO YOUR INTERVIEW!
Most people, because they are nervous, tend to talk really fast during their interview because they want to get it finished as soon as possible. But when you talk fast, it demonstrates nervousness and a lack of composure.
To slow down how you speak, and to instantly boost confidence at your interview, do the following 3 things:
1. When sitting in the reception area waiting to be called for your interview, take deep breaths. This will help focus your mind and slow down your heartbeat.
2. Before you answer each interview question, pause and consider your response before giving your answer. This, alone, makes your answers more credible.
3. When giving your answers, deliberately slow down your sentences.
STEP #5 FOR BEING SUPER-CONFIDENT IN YOUR INTERVIEW IS TO PRACTICE YOUR ANSWERS OUT LOUD TO THE 10 MOST COMMON INTERVIEW QUESTIONS!
Research has proven that those candidates who practice their answers to the interview questions at least once before their interview are more likely to get hired.
Sit down in front of a friend, relative or mirror and practice giving your answers to the following 10 interview questions:
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why do you want this job?
- What are your strengths?
- What’s your biggest weakness?
- Why do you want to leave your job?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Describe yourself in three words!
- How would you deal with conflict with a co-worker?
- What are you looking for in your next job?
- Why should we hire you?
TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF
Now, the next thing we want to give you to make you super-confident in your job interview is an answer to the interview question, TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF.
This will be the first question you must answer, and if you give a weak response, it will make you nervous and lack confidence for the rest of your interview. We recommend you practice this example before your interview to instantly boost your confidence levels.
TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF – EXAMPLE ANSWER
“Thank you for inviting me to be interviewed for this position today. I would describe myself as a diligent, industrious, caring, loyal, and trustworthy employee who is motivated by supporting my co-workers and doing a great job for my employer. My qualifications, skills, and experience are a great match for the job description. In my last role, I was often praised by my manager for my flexibility, and my desire to take ownership of challenges and problems to achieve a successful outcome. I am a high achiever. For example, in my last job, I helped the team I was a part of achieve record sales for a new company product launch and I will aim to replicate that same level of success for your company. If you hire me, I will be a great role model for the organization, treat your customers well so they become long term advocates of the business, and take responsibility for my ongoing development so I am always a valuable asset to my team.”
UNLOCK 50+ Interview
Questions & High-Scoring Answers Today + Get the insider video tuition for EACH question for FREE!
- The secrets to passing any interview;
- The common mistakes made at the interview (and how to avoid them!);
- Over 50 interview questions to prepare for (and how each is assessed);
- Full answers to each of the questions so you can learn how to deliver successful answers of your own.
- Beating the competition (what you MUST do to be successful);
- Checklists and printable resources;
- All interview answers are verified by our interview panel of experts.
- Instant online access as soon as your order is placed to over 50 interactive modules.
₱4,899.50 NOW: FREE with a 30-day trial!