Here is a full list of Train Driver Managers Interview Questions
- Why do you want to become a train driver?
- What are the qualities of a train driver?
- Do you think train drivers should wear a uniform?
- Are you prepared for working unsociable hours as a trainee train driver?
- What are the aims of this Train Operating Company?
- Have you ever had to work under pressure?
- What would you do if you came across an obstacle on the track?
- Do you think Train Drivers should wear a uniform?
- What challenges does this Train Operating Company face?
- How many stations does this TOC serve?
Now watch the following video which will give you some fantastic tips on how to prepare for the Train Driver Managers Interview.
TRAIN DRIVER MANAGERS INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
The above list of sample trainee train driver managers interview questions are great ones to be prepared for.
In addition to preparing your responses for the above list of questions, you should also make sure you know the qualities of a train driver.
The qualities of a train driver can be found below:
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- Being able to communicate important messages by tannoy.
- Being safety-conscious.
- An ability to follow rules and procedures.
- Capable of absorbing a lot of technical information.
- Understanding traction training.
- An ability to route learn.
- Being able to follow safety-critical rules and procedures.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Being able to work unsociable hours.
- Concentrating for long periods of time.
- Remaining calm when under pressure.
- Able to concentrate for prolonged periods of time.
In addition to learning the qualities of a train driver when preparing for the train driver managers interview are important.
In addition to learning the qualities, make sure you also have specific examples relating to the following train driver managers interview questions:
- Can you give an example of when you have worked under pressure?
- Can you give an example of when you have communicated a difficult message to a group of people?
- Can you give an example of when you have retained a large amount of job-specific information?
A great way to prepare for the above situational train driver managers interview questions is to construct your answer using the STAR technique.
The STAR technique consists of:
Let’s take a quick look at the following train driver managers interview question and answer
SAMPLE TRAIN DRIVER MANAGERS INTERVIEW QUESTION AND ANSWER
Q. Can you give an example when you have followed safety procedures to complete a task?
Yes, I can. I currently work as a gas engineer for a well-known domestic energy supply company. I was tasked with attending a house that had reported a leaky boiler. When I arrived, the homeowners were foolishly using the boiler still, so I quickly followed my safety training and made the boiler safe. I then asked them to leave the house whilst I carried out a list of safety-critical checks to ascertain the exact cause of the problem. Due to the smell of gas in the property, I safely disabled the electricity supply at the mains in the garage to reduce the risk of spark or ignition. I then followed my safety training guidelines step-by-step until I identified the fault. Due to the complexity of the fault, I needed to order a new part, which would take a few days to arrive. I condemned and sealed off the boiler and provided safety instructions to the family. I then put them in touch with our family liaison department who further advised them of the safety precautions they needed to follow. In this type of situation, I fully understand the importance of following safety rules and procedures and I can be relied upon up to do operate effectively at all times. Being safety- conscious is second nature to me and fully appreciate how important it is as part of the train driver role.
If you would like more tips on how to pass the train driver managers interview, take a look at our comprehensive guide to passing the trainee train driver interviews.