WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A TRAIN DRIVER? (GREAT ANSWER to this Trainee Train Driver INTERVIEW QUESTION)
The interview question, “Why Do You Want To Be A Train Driver” is one that is almost certain to make an appearance during your job interview.
How you answer this common train driver interview question can often be a deciding factor in whether or not you pass your interview.
When answering this tough train driver interview question, focus on providing an answer that demonstrates you have a lot of PASSION to be a train driver and you FULLY UNDERSTAND the role.
Be sure to demonstrate how you will be an ASSET to their Train Operating Company, and that you have the SKILLS and QUALITIES needed to be a train driver.
Let’s take a look at a high-scoring example answer…
“I want to be a train driver for several reasons.
At a young age, I had much admiration for train drivers and it was always a career I have dreamt of pursuing, knowing I could make a positive difference to people’s lives on a regular basis.
Although I knew many of the qualities needed to be a train driver already, before applying, I conducted thorough research into the role to ensure I fully understood the requirements and what would be expected of me as a train driver.
Being a train driver means I must operate safely at all times, follow all rules and procedures, maintain excellent concentration, work well under pressure to a consistently high-standard, be flexible, customer focused, and communicate clearly. I believe I have frequently demonstrated I have these skills in my previous roles. And this high-level of responsibility really appeals to me as I am someone who sets the highest of standards in everything I do.
I want to be a train driver as I will enjoy the fact that I will need to apply myself, continually learn and stay up-to-date with the latest rules and procedures, and maintain my own physical and mental health.
I also appreciate that this TOC will need to invest time, energy, and money to train me as a trainee train driver, and I believe, along with my determination and loyalty, the skills and qualities I have gained so far in my career put me in a strong position to excel in the role of a train driver. Finally, I want to work in a disciplined organisation that strives to always serve its customers.”
UNLOCK 15 Train Driver Interview
Questions and Answers today + Get the insider templates to all of the answers for FREE!
- Watch a full mock interview from start to finish!
- The 15 tough train driver interview questions that will come up in your interview!
- Full answers to each of the questions so you can learn how to deliver successful answers of your own.
- Watch the body language, composure, and delivery of the answers in real interview conditions so that you can see what high-scoring candidates do to pass.
- Get all 15 answers as templates to allow you to create your own winning answers with ease and pass the train driver interview!
- All interview answers are verified by our interview panel of experts.
- Instant online access as soon as your order is placed.
$71.98 TODAY’S PRICE ONLY: $30.60 +vat