Select UK police forces are now starting to introduce a new element to the selection process – the Police Final Interview presentation.
This presentation is carried out by candidates at the interview stage and lasts for 10 minutes. Watch the video and read more below for a full overview of the new police recruitment presentation (you can download a free PDF guide and presentation at the bottom of this page).
What is the Police final interview presentation?
- Some constabularies now want applicants to deliver a short presentation
- The presentation is to be delivered during the interview stage to the interview panel
- The way you deliver the presentation is completely your choice, but you cannot use laptops, projectors etc.
Why are presentations being used?
- Presentations are being used to provide candidates an opportunity to sell themselves to the interview panel
- Police services are committed to recruiting those who share a strong passion for public service and support the core competencies/values
- The main aim of the presentation is for candidates to demonstrate they will add value to the police service they are applying to
What must I cover?
There are three aspects you must cover during your presentation:
- Why you’ll make a fantastic police officer
- Why you want to join that particular police service’s team
- Convince the interview panel that you have the correct attitude, behaviours, motivation and values to become a police officer in that constabulary
How long do I have?
- Candidates get 10 minutes to present
- There will be up to 10 minutes of questions & answers after your presentation
It is likely the interview panel will probe points you make, so be well prepared!
- You must demonstrate your motivation
- Demonstrate you have a good understanding of the police service’s values (use the core competencies)
- There will be no extra time on the day to prepare for the presentation
- You may bring notes or printed handouts but no laptops, projectors etc. can be used
- There will be a maximum of two people on the interview panel
7 Police Final Interview Presentation Tips