How2Become attended the IPG awards last Thursday, and was delighted to come home with two IPG awards. This was the fifth year that How2Become have been shortlisted at the event, and marked the first time that we have won.
What are the IPG awards?
The Independent Publishers Guild (IPG) is the number 1 trade association company for independent publishing companies in the United Kingdom. They significantly improve the growth of the independent publishing industry, by providing such companies with the support they need in order to maintain a successful and thriving business. The IPG awards are held every year, and honour publishing companies who have excelled within their field in the last year.
What nominations did How2Become receive?
In total, How2Become were nominated for four different awards. These were as follows:
- IPG Specialist Consumer of the Year. This award was aimed at companies who have developed a specialist topic/niche in business.
- Nielsen Digital Marketing Award. This award was aimed at companies who have excelled in digital/online marking over the last year.
- IPG Young Publisher of the Year. This award was aimed at recognising the achievements of outstanding young individuals in the independent publishing industry.
- Fox Williams Publisher of the Year. This award was aimed at recognising the overall achievements of independent publishing companies. The 5 companies nominated for this award were the winners of the other publisher of the year categories.
And the Winner is…
To our great surprise, How2Become were honoured with not 1, but 2 awards! The awards were:
- The IPG Specialist Consumer of the Year. How2become achieved best-ever turnover in 2015. Website visits and viewers of its popular YouTube video content reached record levels too, and nearly two thirds of its sales were made direct to consumers via its website. It invested in staff and pushed further into the education sector too. “It’s great at social media, great at getting publicity and great at selling direct to its users,” said the judges.
- Nielsen Digital Marketing Award. How2Become adds this Award to the Specialist Consumer Publisher of the Year prize for a multi-strand approach to marketing, making smart use of video content in particular. Its CRM, data analysis and SEO work were strong too. “This is a really interesting use of multiple channels that you don’t see often enough in publishing,” judges said. “It can be hard to engage people with content like this, but How2Become has gone at it hammer and tongs.”