This quick guide provides a powerful response to the tricky interview question, “Why Did You Leave Your Last Job?”
Let’s start off by looking at 4 important tips to answering this question correctly…
4 TIPS FOR GIVING THE PERFECT ANSWER!
- Do not speak negatively about your former employer, boss, or co-workers.
- Do not say you left your job because you were either bored in the role, or you didn’t like the working environment.
- Do not say you left your last job because you wanted better pay.
- Instead, talk about your employer in a positive way and say you wanted to leave for a fresh challenge.
“WHY DID YOU LEAVE YOUR LAST JOB?” (SCRIPTED ANSWER)
“I left my last job because I wanted a new and fresh challenge with an innovative and forward-thinking company where my skills, knowledge, and experience would be put to good use.
I really enjoyed my time with my previous employer and we achieved many great things whilst I was there.
When I informed them I was leaving, they were understanding and supportive and they told me there would always be a position for me at the company if I ever wanted to return.”
UNLOCK 50+ Interview
Questions & High-Scoring Answers Today + Get the insider video tuition for EACH question for FREE!
- The secrets to passing any interview;
- The common mistakes made at the interview (and how to avoid them!);
- Over 50 interview questions to prepare for (and how each is assessed);
- Full answers to each of the questions so you can learn how to deliver successful answers of your own.
- Beating the competition (what you MUST do to be successful);
- Checklists and printable resources;
- All interview answers are verified by our interview panel of experts.
- Instant online access as soon as your order is placed to over 50 interactive modules.
₱4,899.50 NOW: FREE with a 30-day trial!