This is one of those interview questions that despite nearly always being asked, candidates rarely prepare an answer for it – big mistake!
So, to help make you the standout candidate, in this guide we will explain WHY the interviewer will ask you the tricky interview question, ‘why are you the best candidate for this job?’ We will give you one trick for answering this question that will BEAT all the other answers! Before finishing off and giving you a brilliant, scripted answer that you can use for your job interview.
WHY THEY ARE ASKING YOU THIS INTERVIEW QUESTION?
REASON NUMBER 1
The answers to this question will help determine which one candidate can add the most VALUE to their organization in the role.
REASON NUMBER 2
The answers will also tell the interviewer which candidate is going to go above and beyond what is expected of them in the role.
DIFFERENT WAYS TO SHOW YOU WILL GO ABOVE AND BEYOND WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU IN THE ROLE!
Here are some examples for you:
- You will take extra care when dealing with customers to make them feel valued, appreciated, and listened to.
- You will willingly do tasks outside of your job description.
- When needed, you will stay behind late after work or cover a co-worker’s tasks when they are off sick.
Remember… it costs the employer money every month to hire you so they understandably want to take someone on in the role who will give them a positive return on their investment!
OUR NUMBER 1 TRICK…
Make sure you give an EXAMPLE in your answer of when you have previously MADE A DIFFERENCE to a team or a company.
Examples of making a difference…
- Suggesting ways to help the company save money by improving systems or processes.
- Creating ideas to help the company increase sales or revenue.
- Helping to train up new members of staff when they join the company.
- Helping a co-worker learn a new skill or develop an existing one.
“Why Are You The Best Candidate For This Job?”
“I am the best candidate for this job because I have the skills and qualities to match the job description, I am a fast learner which means I can add value to the team quickly, and I am commercially aware.
Being commercially aware means I understand I must do a good job for you, provide outstanding service, and do all I can to encourage your customers to use your products and services time and time again.
Finally, I am also the best candidate because I have a track record of making a difference in previous companies. For example, in my last role, I suggested ways the company could better promote its products and services on social media which helped increase sales by 11%.”
UNLOCK 50+ Interview
Questions & High-Scoring Answers Today + Get the insider video tuition for EACH question for FREE!
- The secrets to passing any interview;
- The common mistakes made at the interview (and how to avoid them!);
- Over 50 interview questions to prepare for (and how each is assessed);
- Full answers to each of the questions so you can learn how to deliver successful answers of your own.
- Beating the competition (what you MUST do to be successful);
- Checklists and printable resources;
- All interview answers are verified by our interview panel of experts.
- Instant online access as soon as your order is placed to over 50 interactive modules.
₵293.97 NOW: FREE with a 30-day trial!