In this blog, we will explain WHY the interviewer is asking you the question, describe what you are looking for in your next job? If you understand WHY the interview question is being asked, you can give a powerful, top-scoring answer!
As well as this we will then give you two brilliant example answers in a live interview, and all you have to do is choose which one answer option is the strongest!
WHY is the interviewer asking you the question, ‘Describe what you are looking for in your next job?’
The hiring manager is asking you this question because they are assessing what you plan doing in the role if they hire you.
If you say you are just looking for a job where you and go to work, do what’s required, and then go home, they won’t be inspired to hire you.
Therefore, you must excite them with your answer and show them you are enthusiastic, passionate about what you do, and keen to have a positive impact in your work.
DESCRIBE WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IN YOUR NEXT JOB? ANSWER OPTION #1
“I am looking for a job were I will be pushed and challenged, where my skills and experience will be put to good use and where I can collaborate with other like-minded professionals on projects that achieve positive things for our employer. We spend a lot of time at work, and I want that time to be put to good use for a company that wants to continually grow and be the best it can possibly be.”
DESCRIBE WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IN YOUR NEXT JOB? ANSWER OPTION #2
“I am looking for 4 things in my next job. Number one, a positive team to work in where everyone has a can-do attitude. Number two, a supportive manager who is prepared to listen to, and consider any ideas that I put forward. Number three, a diverse work environment where I can learn from other people, and number four, an inclusive company culture where there is equal opportunity for everyone.”
UNLOCK 50+ Interview
Questions & High-Scoring Answers Today + Get the insider video tuition for EACH question for FREE!
- The secrets to passing any interview;
- The common mistakes made at the interview (and how to avoid them!);
- Over 50 interview questions to prepare for (and how each is assessed);
- Full answers to each of the questions so you can learn how to deliver successful answers of your own.
- Beating the competition (what you MUST do to be successful);
- Checklists and printable resources;
- All interview answers are verified by our interview panel of experts.
- Instant online access as soon as your order is placed to over 50 interactive modules.
£97.99 NOW: FREE with a 30-day trial!