In this guide, we will give you 3 tips for getting the salary you deserve in a job interview along with the 4 things you MUST include in your answer to ‘what is your desired salary?’.
Finally, we will give you a scripted answer that you can use in your job interview to get the salary you deserve!
3 tips for getting the salary you deserve in a job interview.
TIP #1 – RESEARCH THE AVERAGE SALARY RANGE!
- It is important to know the SALARY RANGE being paid by other companies for your role and industry.
- You can find out this information on the website PayScale.com.
TIP #2 – CONSIDER HOW YOU ARE GOING TO ADD VALUE TO THEIR BUSINESS IN THE ROLE!
- You have experience of helping previous employers increase sales.
- You have outstanding customer service skills which will help their business retain customers.
TIP #3 – SHOW CONSIDERATION FOR THEIR SITUATION!
- Remember… they do not know you, and you have a responsibility to prove to them your worth in the role.
4 Things To Include In Your Answer
#1. The average salary range for your job.
#2. Examples of previous strong workplace performance.
#3. How you will ADD VALUE in the role.
#4. Show an appreciation that they don’t you and you need to prove to them your worth!
WHAT IS YOUR DESIRED SALARY? (SCRIPTED ANSWER)
“Before applying for this role, I researched the average salary range for this position and industry. The salary range is between $30,000 and $50,000.
Whilst I believe I am worth the higher range of $50,000 based on my experience and how I can help you increase sales in the role through outstanding customer service, I appreciate you do not know me, and I need to prove to you my worth.
On that basis, my desired salary is $46,000 and I believe you will see a positive return on your investment at that amount.”
UNLOCK 50+ Interview
Questions & High-Scoring Answers Today + Get the insider video tuition for EACH question for FREE!
- The secrets to passing any interview;
- The common mistakes made at the interview (and how to avoid them!);
- Over 50 interview questions to prepare for (and how each is assessed);
- Full answers to each of the questions so you can learn how to deliver successful answers of your own.
- Beating the competition (what you MUST do to be successful);
- Checklists and printable resources;
- All interview answers are verified by our interview panel of experts.
- Instant online access as soon as your order is placed to over 50 interactive modules.
£97.99 NOW: FREE with a 30-day trial!